we drove around the neighbourhood, watching as he sun began to set behind the clouds. i guess this had sort of become a search party, where we were trying to find gina and everything all depended on whether she was ok or not.

"damn it, i can't see anything, the stupid sun is blinding me right now!"

"i actually like it, sunsets are proven to be one of the most beautiful-"

in fact, i didn't get to hear the rest of the conversation because before i knew it, my phone was ringing like crazy. i was praying that it wasn't my moms because right now really wasn't a good time to get a lecture.

"hello?"

"nini, omg, i've been trying to reach you all day but the phone line on your end has been dead" i heard the girl panic, her breathing was ragged and hoarse, like she had been crying constantly.

"maddox, what's wrong?"

"it's gina, well, it's to do with gina and ej"

"just breathe, tell me what's wrong"

"i.... i called her this morning, just to check in with everything, her mom hit her last night because apparently she was being a brat or whatever, the next thing i knew, she was screaming in pain"

"ok maddox, i'm gonna need you to tell me yes or no, did you hear a man?"

"yes"

"who was it?"

"it was um... ej"