twenty.

Yazmin anxiously watched as Alex walked into the house and closed the door behind her

Yazmin anxiously watched as Alex walked into the house and closed the door behind her. Alex looked around the entrance. From the white tiled floors that looked as if they were cleaned twelve times a day to the expensive vases on the vintage countertops and large paintings that hung on the wall. She had no clue who the artists were, but she knew they were expensive just by looking at them.

"Now this is a mansion."

Yazmin waved her off, "I wouldn't say this is a mansion. You should see the house in Europe."

"Europe?" Alex frowned as she continued looking around. "You have a house in Europe."

"Yeah..." She spoke under her breath. She was fortunate to have more than one.

Yazmin brushed past Alex and clasped her hands together. "Are you hungry? Thirsty or anything?"

"Water is fine."

Alex followed Yazmin into the kitchen. She slid open the door and was immediately greeted with a group of men and women cooking in the kitchen. There were about two young adults and two older women, all of them dressed in black and white.

Yazmin walked around them as they swayed smoothly around the kitchen. She opened the large fridge and grabbed a carton that looked like milk.

"I'm lactose," Alex looked down at the carton before her.

Yazmin chuckled, "It's actually water. It's just put in a carton. It's one of the best water brands out here."

"Of course you'd know," Alex shook her head and grabbed the carton.

Yazmin sighed heavily. She knew that it was going to take awhile to get on Alex's good side, but she was willing to try. In the short amount of time that they knew each other, they grew very close. Yazmin considered her a very good friend.

"Wanna go upstairs?"

Alex nodded, "Lead the way."

"Oh, wait. I just have to let Mama Mei know that you're here."

Alex's eyebrows furrowed with confusion. Nonetheless, she followed her. The last thing she wanted was to get lost in such a big house.

They headed into the living room that could've been three bedrooms. The TV was large and hung over the beautiful fireplace. Alex expected to see some family pictures around the living room-hers were filled with them.

"Mama Mei?"

Alex's eyes widened at the sight of the Asian woman sitting on the couch. Her legs were crossed and she held a book in her hands. She had on glasses and her long dark hair that had many gray strands was pulled into a high bun, revealing her strong and almost perfect bone structure.

The woman was beautiful and seemed so kind as she smiled at Alex and stood up from the couch. Reaching out, she wrapped her arms around Alex causing her eyes to widen.