thirty three.

Yazmin tilted her head as she turned her body side to side

Yazmin tilted her head as she turned her body side to side. She rested her hands against her waist and turned around towards the long red velvet sofa. She looked down at the white dress with the heart neckline and shook her head with disapproval.

"It looks like I'm going to a wedding or something."

"It does," Sophia hummed as she held her finger up whilst she held her phone to her ear. "No, not you, Alfred. You should try the gold one with the corset jeweled top."

Yazmin rolled her eyes and walked back into the dressing room.

"Yazmin," Sophia called out. "Enough with the attitude."

"Can I just have one day without you being on the phone the entire time we're together?"

There was never a moment where her mother was either calling or texting someone. She was always busy doing something pertaining to her business. Yazmin expected to have all of her mothers attention, especially during such an important moment.

Prom was coming up in a few weeks and it was time to go dress shopping. People were coming up with promposals and buying the tickets. Yazmin had no clue if she even wanted to go to her own school's prom. Other than being present educational wise, she didn't feel like she was socially present. What was the point in going to a social event if she only hung out with two people from her school. On the other hand, she decided that she was also going to attend Sean's prom. She was over the moon that he asked her out to prom. She felt like things were slowly becoming official.

"I was thinking of getting another dress for the after party," She called out.

"Yeah, yeah, that's fine," Sophia said.

Yazmin smirked and slipped on the gold dress. She liked the fact that it was a beige gold and wasn't too warm. The top was jeweled and the bottom flowed past her with a long trail. Hesitantly, Yazmin pushed the door open and stood in front of her mother. She rested her hands against her hips and smiled lightly.

"What do you think?"

"Alfred, I'll call you back."

Quickly, she hung up and threw her phone to the side. She stood up from the sofa and trudged over to Yazmin with a small smile. She clapped her hands together and circled Yazmin with a look of glee. She zipped up the back of the dress, causing her to jerk forward with shock.

"This is what I'm talking about." Sophia crossed her arms and stood in front of her. "You look amazing, my sweet child."

Yazmin smiled. Her heart began to beat out of her chest at the sound of her mother's approval. She hadn't heard her mother say something so positive about her in a while, without it being backhanded.

"Thank you."

"I need to take some pictures." Sophia chuckled and grabbed her phone.

"Mom, please."