fifteen.

There was nothing like the adrenaline rush that went through my body whenever something involved my loved ones

There was nothing like the adrenaline rush that went through my body whenever something involved my loved ones. I care for them deeply and I'm willing to do anything for them. They're the main reason why I wake up every morning. They push me to do more. Even if it means exhausting myself mentally, physically and in every other kind of way.

Sean released a long breath of relief as Yazmin loosened her grip from his shoulders. She stepped down for the bars on the bike and looked at him expectantly. Sean rubbed his shoulder.

"Just cutting up my shoulders."

Yazmin winced, "Sorry. You were just going really fast and-"

"It's fine."

He pushed the gate open and held it open for her. Throwing his bike to the side, he watched as she stood in front of the house. Her eyes trailed around the house as she observed it.

Sean gulped and tucked his hands into his hoodie. He began to feel his guard grow up before him. He was beginning to feel uncomfortable and felt like he was being judged right before his own eyes.

"This is your house?" She looked up at him curiously.

"That's why we're here," He spoke up. "Do you mind? I have some things to take care of."

"Y-yeah," She nodded. "I didn't mean-"

"Not everyone lives in a big ass house," He said slickly.

"I know, I don't either. I know that it's not a lot, but I like what you guys did with the porch. It's homey-"

Sean ignored her words as he unlocked the door and pushed it open. He didn't believe a word she was saying. As usual, he was being judged for the materialistic things that he didn't have.

But, he wasn't going to dwell on the way he felt when he had what he believed was bigger fish to fry.

Yazmin's eyes widened at the sound of loud yelling. She knew that parents were bad, but this was terrible.

"You can just stay here and I'll be right back, alright?"

Yazmin looked up the stairs where the loud noise was coming from.

"Nyla?"

He nudged her arm. "Stay here and I'll be back."

Yazmin opened her mouth and watched as he made his way upstairs and disappeared.

Quickly, Sean made his way into his parents bedroom. He was always the child that wanted to solve things and make things right around him. And that's what he planned to do.

"You're gonna stand in my face and continue to say nothing?" Ivan yelled out.

Jennifer flinched and looked at her husband as if he was crazy.