twelve.

Yazmin tilted her head and sighed heavily as she looked into the large mirror across from her

Yazmin tilted her head and sighed heavily as she looked into the large mirror across from her. A few busy bodies were around her trying their best to finish her hair at the commands of her mother. She sat in the white chair in her beauty room as she tried her best to not cough to death from all the product lingering in the air.

She'd been up for the past four hours getting ready for an event that she wasn't even looking forward to attending.

"I'm gonna hold my ear-wait." She tilted her head away and covered her ear.

One of the hairstylists straightened the last piece and took a step back once the door burst open.

"Chop, chop! We don't have all day here!" Sophia rushed into the room in her sleek emerald dress, revealing her right leg. Her curls were defined and trailed past her shoulders, and were tousled into a side part. Her light bronzed skin reflected against the emerald dress and the gold jewelry that she had on her hands.

Sophia looked expensive and beautiful.

Yazmin eyed her mother as she walked closer to her. A part of her always wanted to be like her mother. To have her beauty was to complete a most wanted goal. Everyone fell to her mother's knees no matter the gender, the age, or where they came from. There was something about Sophia that pulled people towards her.

Although her personality was something that Yazmin could do without, she had to admit that her mother was beautiful.

"You look beautiful," She lifted her daughter's chin up and observed her face that was covered with natural makeup. "Just like your mother."

"Thank you," Yazmin whispered. She stood up from her seat and walked over to the closet where her dress was hung. "I'm gonna go change."

"We'll be waiting downstairs. Please don't take too long," Sophia looked down at her phone. "We have places to be."

Quickly, she closed the door behind her and released a long breath. This was the only time that she was able to be away from the chaos. This was something she didn't want to partake in. To stand around inhales all night pretending to be invested in whatever was going on around her. She'd done it for years until it became a routine. She didn't want to do it anymore, especially when it didn't benefit her in any way.

"Do you need help zipping up the dress?"

"Yeah," She called out and opened the door a bit for one of the hairstylists to help her. She thanked the woman and pushed her hair behind her shoulders, revealing the gold necklaces on her neck.

Hastily, Yazmin rushed down the steps and made her way towards the front door where her parents were waiting for her.

"Hey, dad," Yazmin looked up at her father and gave him a nervous smile.

Anthony Robertson. He was a successful man and had been successful since he was in his early twenties. His parents immigrated to America for a better life for their children and he took that to his advantage. He had different charities, businesses and clubs in the palms of his hands. He worked hard for what he had.