1

My grandparents are trying to make me get a job while I'm off of school for summer. Instead I secretly signed up to be a counsellor at a sleep away camp. I'm currently waiting on a call back because they have to do background and shit to make sure I'm not a creep.

A knock on my door wakes me out of my day dreaming, "come in" I call out. The door creaks open slightly and my grandma's head pops in before she opens it fully and steps in. "So your pops and I have been talking... have you applied for any jobs?" She asks, "I have actually" I reply.

It's not a total lie, it is technically a job just not one they would've picked. "Oh, That's great! What did you apply for?" She asks sounding very surprised which was the expected reaction. "A job as a counsellor at a summer camp" I reply smugly watching her face fall a bit.

"Oh... ok. Have you gotten a call back?" she asks with a little less enthusiasm. "Not ye-" before I could even finish my sentence my phone started ringing. I held up my finger with an apologetic smile and she nodded understandingly before closing the door.

"Hello" I said politely as I answer the call, "is this Ms. Brown?" A woman asks. "This is she" I reply, "I was calling about your application for life for youth camp..." she trails. "Yes?" I say excitedly, "well we've run your background check and you're all good to start" she says. "Yay!" I say not trying to hide my excitement she giggles softly before calming down.

"So camp starts in 2 weeks and we can help you get settled in before the children come. You'll be over the teenagers for the most part since the smaller kids have different supervisors. We just ask that you come 2 days in advance if possible so you can get a feel for the grounds" she explains.

"No problem. I would come right now if you asked me" I chuckle, she laughs too. "Well you should probably pack first but we're here a week before the kids are. If you wanted to come to see what you could potentially be doing, if you come for a few summers, we'd definitely be ok with that. The more help the better" she chuckles.

"You just tell me when and I'll be there" I say seriously, "you can come a day after us then, since the first day is usually just us sleeping from the trips. I see you're not far" she says. "Only a few hours drive" I say, "that's perfect. So I guess we'll see you in a few days" she states.

"Ay-ay captain" I say shaking my head at myself, she bursts into laughter making me smile. "I can already tell the kids will love you" she says and I can hear the smile on her face making me smile. "I sure hope so" I say, we go through a few more details before saying our farewells. Once that's done I immediately start packing because I tend to be a procrastinator. If I don't do it while it's on my mind I'll 'forget' until last minute. Thought I often do actually forget I have to do things.

A/N:

This is just an introductory chapter so its super short but future chapters are long as usual lol