Chapter 1

Nightmare didn't want to open his eyes today. To see Dream leaving again to go to the villagers while he stayed at the tree again? No thank you. He really didn't want to wake up, curiously it was warm where he was and soft too, so different than his mother branch. Not that he would complain about his mother's embrace, it was just that the softness of wherever he was was so nice.
He would have stayed like this way more time if he could but something was wrong. He couldn't feel his brother's or mother's energy. He tried to focus on the link he shared with his twins but it was too weak like Dream was really really far away from him. That made the guardian uneasy, Dream promised that he would never leave him and that they were always together. So where was he? Why couldn't he feel his energy or his mother's?

The little guardian decided to open his eyes only to discover a totally new and unknown place. Just where was he? It looked like a room but the room of someone really important. He could tell by the number of decorated furniture and books. He loved books but it was expensive object in his village, people had to write them by hand and it was usually a noble artifact. Dream would bring him one when the villagers from the high city lent one to him and Nightmare would read it to him, both of them having a good moment.

"Focus Nightmare" Now was not the time to remember good memories with Dream, he had to find his brother and get out of there wherever it was.

Did he get kidnaped? Why would anyone kidnap him, the apple maybe? No nobody wanted his apples but if it wasn't for the apple what could they possibly want from him? Perhaps he was just the ransom, maybe they want Dream apples! Nightmare shivered thinking about what those people could do to him. Then he noticed it.
Something was moving in his back! He turned trying to see what it was before he let out a scream. Just what was this thing?! What did those people do to him?

His whole body was covered in some weird dark goo, it wasn't sticky or leaking on the ground but it was like a really thick liquid maybe sap? But sap wasn't dark like that! In his back were four tentacles made from the same substance that was covering his body. It felt really heavy, his back wasn't used to those new appendages. They were moving like a cat's tail. A little as if they were connected to his emotions, the movements were jerky and lively.

Nightmare was startled when he heard the noise of footsteps behind the door. Damn him he must have alerted his kidnappers when he screamed. He run to the window hoping for a way to escape his pursuers but it was way too high and there was no tree around so he could climb.

"Boss?! Are you okay? I'm coming in" Said a weird voice that Nightmare didn't know. Just about who was the stranger talking about he was alone in the room.

****

Killer was just carving something in the leaving room waiting for the others to get back from their mission. Nightmare gave his directive last night before they go to sleep and he was still grounded. Just because he went too far in a mission the guardian kept him locked in the castle for a whole week. A whole week!!
Killer was beyond boredom, he just wanted to get out. It had to be his chance that Nightmare always knew what punishment was the worst for them.
So here he was carving, well until he heard the scream coming from Nightmare's room. He knew it was his boss. Just what could have afraid the king of negativity that much? Welp he didn't care, it was something and he was too bored and curious about it to pass the occasion. A little worried about the guardian too but he won't admit that not in front of the others at least.

"Boss?! Are you okay? I'm coming in" Said the murderer when he reach his boss room.

Nothing could have prepared Killer for what he saw. The all-mighty and intimidating king of negativity was shaking like a kid, his tentacles were curled up like they were trying to hide from him. His boss looked like he was having a panic attack, he was breathing heavily and was constantly taking deep breaths as if the air couldn't get into his lungs, well what they used to breathe as skeletons.
Killer tried to slowly move closer to the little guardian but it made him shriek in fear so he stopped. Just what was he supposed to do? Obviously, the guardian was scared to death of him, his behavior was erratic almost like a surrounded animal.