Chapter 7

(Black Arms Language - Bold, Italics)

He was there, the ultimate lifeform was right in front of him, he couldn’t believe it, his mate, his partner was alive and yet he didn’t understand why he felt like he was on the verge of crying. What was wrong with him? A hand on his shoulder jolted him from his thoughts, with a quick sniffle and rubbing his eyes, he turned to face the person only to groan. 

“Amy?” 

“Sonic, he will be alright. Just give it time” the pink hedgehog spoke in a calming tone as she looked into the cryo-chamber that held the one and only Shadow the Hedgehog. When he collapsed, the freedom fighters were quick to rush him back to Tail’s lab and place him in it, the next task was to find the chaos emeralds which Violet quickly went to recover the blue, white, green and red one from the crystal caves. When asked about the place both she and Espio ignored the question and went silent, speaking of a certain silent chameleon. 

Sonic turned to the rest of the room where a certain echidna sat with the chaotix group where Espio the chameleon lay asleep in Mighty’s arms, the armadillo holding him close especially after the tests that had just been done. They were mourning, Espio had lost the child due to the torture and once the news had been passed on, Espio went more silent than any of them that even Omega’s machine noises could be heard. Mighty blamed himself but that was quickly shut down by his daughter, Violet knew exactly who was to blame and would be getting her revenge for the loss of her unborn sibling but they had to wait for Shadow to wake up first to find out where he sent them. 

“Shade! Something’s wrong with Dash, he seems to be shrinking!” Silver cried out carrying his brother into the room, Dash was paler blue colour alerting them all. Sonic gasped running up to his kids, Shade looked at him in confusion passing Dash over to him. Once his youngest was in his arms, Sonic moved over to Tails who scanned him. 

“His chaos energy is dropping majorly! Rouge pass an emerald!” Tails called, the bat was happy to comply as she decided to pick another up. Her hands latched around the green one which seemed to have a crack in it not that any of them noticed. 

Tails passed the blue emerald over to Sonic who took it intending on giving it to Dash when a familiar hand gripped his tightly making him cry out and almost drop the emerald. Dash whined on the bench where Tails had a hold of him, Dash had dropped in age down from 12 to about the age of 6. 

“SHIFT” Sonic listened to the voice moving ever so quickly away from the voice of none other than an angry ebony hedgehog who had somehow opened his cryo-chamber without anyone noticing. Shadow growled at Tails on instinct who moved away from the hoglet, Shade and Silver watched from afar. In a certain hedgehog's hand was two inhibitor rings, Shade moved slightly only to receive a growl in warning from Shadow which was met with one of her own. The ultimate lifeform turned fully to show his glowing crimson eyes and strange aura of white around his body. Shade wasn’t fazed as she handed over the rings. Shadow took a minute to look at them and his feral look dropped as he clicked them on his wrists making not only his gloves to appear but his shoes as well which he hadn’t realised had disappeared. 

“Thanks” Shadow muttered, Shade could only nod looking back at them all, she smirked seeing the shocked looks. It wasn’t surprising since Shadow hardly ever said ‘thanks’ but it meant so much to his children than anybody else. With the rings on he was able to configure a chaos ball, it was a weird green colour. Shadow flinched when the chaos emeralds in the room reacted to his chaos energy, pain spread through his head but he ignored it for the time being as he muttered something in the black arms language. All eyes watched as the ball of pure energy connected with Dash’s skin and although there was no pain, Dash couldn’t help but yelp at the forgotten memories as his body glowed and he switched back to being 12. He felt like he had been stretched but he didn't voice much of his opinion due to him wrapping his arms around his mother. Shadow hugged him back without hesitation as he hid Dash from the others and glared at any who dared to judge.