Chapter 5

Shade didn’t exactly understand what was going on and she didn’t expect to find herself teleporting through the universe only to land in what looked like a higgledy-piggledy world. Something smelled and it certainly wasn’t her, she turned to find herself in a swamp of some kind. Screaming to her right alerted her to Silver who was struggling to climb out of the swamp while Dash had landed in a tree above her beside an equally dry worried Violet. 

Groaning to herself, Shade stood to help Silver up and out off the knee deep swamp. The white hedgehog did nothing but complain all the way out not that Shade could blame him since they had randomly appeared in this realm. Shade wanted answers and she was going to get them.

“V! What in Mobius did you do?!” Shade shouted, Violet only smiled sadly lifting the terrified Dash onto her hip. He was small for only being 12 but that was due to him being born 5 months early. He only survived because of Shadow’s dna. 

“I teleported” Violet answered sheepishly stroking Dash’s quills, the small hedgehog snuggled close. Silver only rolled his eyes almost to say ‘well duh’, he was soon hit by his sister. “We know that but why?” Shade pressed, “Mother told me to. He explained only you three could find your own mother and I was just to come along to deliver this and make sure none of you touched it” Violet explained pulling out the green chaos emerald. Dash reached for it only to be pulled into Shade’s arms, the youngster only snuggled close to his sister. 

“Okay, keep that away from us” Shade urged, knowing the emerald caused nothing but trouble in the past. She had heard too many stories from Knuckles to know the negativity surrounding that particular emerald as well as the red one. Violet only nodded holding both the green and blue chaos emeralds in a small satchel. 

“So, where are we?” Silver asked, looking at the tall trees. 

“I’m not sure, I just teleported” 

“Wait! What?! You don’t know where we are?” Silver panicked looking at the chameleon who ignored him, “Nope, not got a clue. Mother said to teleport and then you guys would know what to do” Violet explained taking a seat on a nearby tree trunk. 

Shade shared a look with Silver who only groaned, putting Dash down. The two focussed their chaos energy hoping to find something, the two had trained personally with Knuckles and Espio. The youngest hedgehog just wandered round in circles already bored from standing still too long, Violet smiled, catching the youngest in her arms. Dash smirked at her, he reached for her silver bracelet. 

“It’s not working,” Silver whined. 

“I can’t find anything,” Shade muttered to herself, crossing her arms to brood. 

Violet only shook her head, she sat down to focus on meditation hoping it would give her some insight to where to go.

Elsewhere…

Sonic groaned for what felt like the thousandth time. 

“Will you stop pacing, blue” Rouge complained snuggling closer into her partner’s side, Knuckles chuckled looking down. Despite their circumstances, they were all okay with spreading humour, it kept their hopes up. Their enemy had taken the liberty in squeezing them all into one cell. It was wide enough so the speedster could pace and was purposely built with a hamster wheel which the others thought was a joke. Sonic went to step into it when the half-conscious Espio warned him not to. The hero didn’t listen and ended up stuck in it for over an hour before it kicked him out. Sonic had apologised but the damage had been done, his power had empowered Eclipse’s weapon. 

“How much longer?” Charmy whined from beside Cream. Tails only groaned, turning to look at Vector who shrugged. Manic and Sonia refused to voice their opinions knowing there would be another debate if someone answered. Footsteps ahead of them alerted them to their kidnappers.