》Prologue《

"𝐇𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞...𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦.."
-𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐨𝐲𝐥𝐞

++++++

Current date: 10/29/2029

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Mad, we've gotta go!" I heard Zarin shout from the other room. "I'll be out in a sec!" I shout back through the door. I finish putting my coconut oil in my hair and ruffle it to make it look good.

There I saw in the mirror, a biracial girl with brown kinky curly hair, with a pair of brown eyes that adorn a pair of glasses to help her see.

That girl was me. I'm Madison, a 22 American woman, looking to persue her dreams of being author. My books haven't taken off yet, but with this trip to Paris, I hope this will be the thing that really makes my books take off.

Once I conclude that I look presentable, I step out of the bathroom to meet my friend. Her name is Zarin. Zarin is about 4 years older than me. I'm 22, so Zarin's 26. Zarin's a woman, originating from Saudi Arabia. She too wore glasses, her hair hidden beanth her black hijab. If you weren't clued in already, she's muslim.

"Well it's about time, I was starting to think I'd have to leave without you!" She said. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Oh come on, I didn't take that long!" I said, chuckling afterwards. "Ten minutes to get ready? Uh huh." She tells me doubtfully.

"Remind me again, why are we doing this?" She asks me as we step out of our rented hotel room. "I need inspiration for my writing." I simply explained. "Come along, Zarin! Our first order of business to go to the Musée du Louvre!" I said, linking her arm with mine and walking out of the doors of the hotel.

++++

We had been in the Louvre for about a half hour, looking through the museum to find some inspiration, but so far, we were unsuccessful. As of right now, we were kinda just staring at this one painting of Napoleon Bonaparte.

I leaned over to whisper to Zarin. "Why does he look like a grumpy old man?" I asked, hearing her snicker shorlty after. "Madison!" She said, lightly pushing my shoulder. "What? It's the truth!" I said, placing my hands up defensively. "You can't say that, someone work their ass off on that!" She said, biting back her laughter, but ultimately letting a few snickers escape.

We ended up laughing at my comment, not even noticing the man come up from behind us, we were too busy laughing.

"What are you two laughing at?" We heard the man ask us. From his voice, it was very clearly audible that he was French. Me and Zarin both turned around to get a good look at the man. The man appeared to have amber eyes with about medium dirty blonde hair. His clothes look extremely outdated. And when I say outdated, I mean OUTDATED. Like, he almost looked like he stepped out of one of those paintings.

Upon turning around to see the man, I jumped slightly, not expecting the man. Me and Zarin both looked towards eachother and then back at the man. "Uhm...who are you?" I asked, very hastily reaching into my bag to grab my pepper spray.

Before the man could answer, Zarin said "He appears to be a burglar in fancy clothing. Check his coat, Madison, because he stole my heart." almost dreamily. Not letting go of my pepper spray, I eyed the man suspiciously, while he remained silent.