》Chapter 4《

Current date: 11/9/1899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Gimme a spin, sweetie.” Alyona told me as she finished putting the last few pins in my skirt. I did a quick spin, a smile on my face as I looked at myself in the mirror. “How’s that feeling? Good? Too large? Too small?” She asked me as I continued to admire myself in the mirror. “It’s perfect! Not too large, not too small, it just feels like my uniform!” I exclaimed, my happiness seeping through my voice. “What do you think, Zarin, is that not the most beautiful bartender you’ve ever seen?” Alyona asked Zarin, who decided to come with me to my fitting. “She looks so pretty!” Zarin exclaimed, mirroring my happiness.

“How much?” I asked Alyona. “How much what?” She asked me. “Well, how much do I have to pay you for my uniform?” I asked her, motioning for Zarin to grab my wallet. “Oh no, dear, you don’t have to pay me, your manager covered the price!” She explained to me. “Ohh, that’s so nice of him!” I said, my smile widening. “Alright, now what I’m gonna have you do is remove your uniform so that I can box it up for you. The changing room is just over there.” She pointed to a stall with a curtain open. I nodded and went for the changing room, Zarin quickly following in tow.

“Wait, so how did you get the job?” Zarin asked me, standing outside the changing room. I closed the curtain before I started explaining. “Essentially, Arthur brought me to the pub, I liked the place, asked if they were hiring, manager told me that they needed another bartender for the night shift, I told him I had experience with this type of job, and then I got the job.” I explained to her, stripping myself of my uniform. “That’s it?” She asked me. “Yeah! It was surprisingly really easy.” I told her as I reached out for my dress to put it back on. “Though that’s also where Arthur gets his women from.” I continued. That was really the only con, the fact that I’d have to put up with Arthur and his insistent flirting. “Oh man..that’s horrible.” She told me as I came back out, my uniform folded neatly in my arms.

Alyona took the uniform from my arms and started putting it in a box to send off. “Alright, there you go. Have a nice day, dear!” Alyona told me as she handed the box to me. “Thank you so much!” I said before leaving her little store.

++++

"Blood still stains when the sheets are washed
Sex don't sleep when the lights are off
Kids are still depressed when you dress them up
And syrup is still syrup in a sippy cup"

Those were the lyrics blasting out of my earbuds as I was putting away the books that the residents had been reading. I hadn't even realized it, but I found myself humming to those lyrics as I placed the books away one by one. Those books ranged from horror, fantasy, science, mystery and of course..romance.

Truly, I had always been a sucker for a good romance novel. Curling up in bed with a good romance novel has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. When I wasn't working on my books or working as a waitress, I was always either curled up on the couch or my bed with a romance novel.

Melanie's song was blasting so loud through my headphones that I didn't even hear a certain British playboy walk in. I heard him say something, but due to my music, it was muffled, so I paused the song to turn around. "Did you say something, Arthur?" I asked. "Now THAT'S a view I could get used to!" He repeated. "What view?" I asked, eyeing the man suspiciously. "Mmm, I'm not sure if I wanna tell you." He tells me, a mischievous smirk starting to form on his face.

It didn't take me long to start connecting the dots and realizing that he was staring at my panties. "Ew, Arthur what the fuck?!" I said, disgust etching on my features. "Ah, I see you've figured me out." He tells me, that damned smirk still playing on his face. "Well can you stop?! That's like..so creepy." I tell him, climbing down the latter.

It took him a bit but then he just started laughing and laughing. "I'm sorry, did I say something funny?" I ask, my tone becoming extremely serious. "I can assure you, it was all a jist! I just happened to be looking for you to invite you out to another outing tomorrow. I'm experiencing writer's block and I could use inspiration." He tells me. Honestly I was more relieved that he didn't actually stoop that low. "I'll ask Sebastian if he can clear my schedule tomorrow, but why do you want me to come with you when you could have one of your many girls go with you?" I asked him, my curiosity poking through my voice. "Oh? Would you rather me choose someone else?" He asked me. "No no, anything to get out of Sebastian's overwhelming amount of work!" I quickly defend.

"Then it's settled, you and I are going out tomorrow!"

++++++

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter y'all😭