》Epilogue《

Current date: 09/20/1910
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How would he react?

How am I gonna tell him?

Will he still love me?

These were all thoughts that ran through my head as I stood there at the window. I was worried...very worried. My anxiety was through the roof as I thought of all the worst possible outcomes.

All my troubles instantly melted away as I felt my husband's arms wrap around me. "What's the matter darling?" He asked, gently running his hands along my sides. His voice startled me from my thoughts. "Oh! Arthur! Hi.." I told him, my mind going back to my worries.

"Darling...somethings wrong. What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked me, taking my hand and guiding me to our bed. "Well...there is something wrong..." I told him. "Darling, please tell me. We can work this together." He tells me, holding my hands.

Morning sickness, spotting, missed periods, increased tenderness in my breasts...these were all telltale signs of one thing.

"Arthur, I think I'm pregnant..." I confessed, looking away from him, fearing for his reaction. He was silent, supposedly trying to process the news I'd just broken to him.

"Pregnant?" His expression was shocked. He was silent for a couple more minutes before melting into happiness. "Oh darling, this is wonderful news!" He says, lifting me up into the air. "Really? You're not mad or anything?" His reaction was a total juxtaposition from what I was expecting. "Mad? Why would I be mad? This is fantastic news! How far along are you? Do you know?" He asked, holding me in his arms. "I think I'm about five weeks in.." I said.

I was honestly more relieved that my anxiety was wrong. "My love, you have no idea how happy I am right now! You've got life growing in you, darling!" He held my hands in his. "I promise I'll take good care of both you and our baby. We'll be one happy family!" He continues.

He pressed his lips onto mine. It was a gentle kiss, so full of love and compassion...nothing less I'd expect from the man I love.

My life felt so complete...I'm married to the love of my life, I've got amazing friends, and now there'll be a new addition to the family.

Our family.