》Chapter 12《

Current date: 11/29/1899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wakey wakey, little lady." I heard the voice of someone say. My eyes slowly fluttered open. I looked around, feeling a bit dazed and confused. This isn't the pub.. I thought as I continued to look around. I looked to be in some kind of old playhouse. "Welcome to the world, sleeping beauty. I expect your knight in shining armor is looking for you right now." The man continues.

I appeared to be bound to a chair, the ropes were tied so tight it made it impossible to wiggle free from. "Who are you?" I asked, my haze of tiredness slowly lifting as I began to realize the situation. I was kidnapped. "Adam Worth's the name, darlin'. I'm your little blue boy's nemesis." The man whose name I now knew told me.

Now that I was more conscious, I managed to see the features of my kidnapper. "God damn, grandpa! Shouldn't you be in a retirement home?!" I yelled. My kidnapper was an old guy, he had a very strong southern accent, and had a bushy goatee. "I beg your pardon?!" He asked me, a shocked look on his face. "I'm just sayin, you should be playing bingo, not kidnapping 22 year olds!" I replied.

He leaned back, a slight laugh leaving his mouth. "I like your attitude, little lady. I can see why Doyle likes you." He jokes. "He's already been notified as to where you're at. I'm sure it won't be long until he finds us. 'The most precious treasure in Paris' is what he describes you as." He continues.

I blushed at the words Arthur uses to describe me as. Get ahold of yourself, Maddie, this is not the time or the place to be fantasizing! I mentally facepalmed myself. "Wait a minute, but why am I here? If you've got drama with him, shouldn't you be hashing it out with him?" I asked him. "If I didn't bring you, he wouldn't have come." He explained to me.

I nodded before looking around once more. "I'd advise against looking for an exit, little lady." My blood ran cold as I felt a gun press against the back of my head. "Until your little blue boy gets here, there's no getting out of this."

++++

"Where is she?!" I heard Arthur yell. Hell if I wasn't mistaken, I wouldn't say that was just anger, but pure rage. "Ah, it seems like our guest of honor finally arrived!" Adam chipped, a smile crossing his face. "Madison!" Arthur ran up to me, kneeling in front of me, checking me over for injuries. "Are you okay?! Did he hurt you?!" His tone was panicked as he continued looking me over.

"Actually, he was just telling me about how y'all go WAY back and how he was your inspiration for Moriarty!" I told him. "Adam, you release her right this instant." Arthur told him. If looks could kill, Adam would've been keeled over dead right now. "Oh come on now, Ignatius, don't give me that look, I thought we were pals after Mitsuki!" Adam laughed, ruffling Arthur's blue locks.

"YOU are constantly dragging me over to bail you out of jail!" Arthur's annoyance was unmatchable. "Hey, in my defense, that strawberry lovin' fuck had it coming!" Adam defended. Arthur rolled his eyes. "Just give me your dagger, Adam." Arthur sighed. Adam gave Arthur his dagger and Arthur immediately got to work, freeing each of my bound arms and legs.

Once I was free, Arthur immediately hugged me, holding me as if I was the last thing on Earth. "Alright, what did you want this time?" Arthur asked. I was to his side but his hand placement was placed firmly above my hip, ensuring that I wouldn't be going anywhere. "Actually, I didn't want anything, I just wanted to annoy the piss outta ya." Adam told him, standing up and walking towards a door at the bottom of the theater.

"I sweat to-" Arthur managed to collect himself. "Wait a minute, Adam, I thought you said you were his nemesis." I was getting mixed signals from the men. He claimed he was his nemesis, yet the two were bantering back and forth like siblings. He turned back to look at me. "Frienemies is the better term for it, little lady." He told me before turning back around.

My legs did hurt from the bounds. For an old fart he sure did know how to tie a bitch. I nearly stumbled the first time I got up. "You gonna be alright?" Arthur asked me as I stabilized myself. "I'll be fine, don't worry. I've gone through worse." I explained as I managed to hobble my way through the rows and rows of old and abandoned seats.

"Well come on, y'all we ain't got all day!"

++++

"Are you going back?" Arthur asked Adam. "Yup, better to turn myself in than to get caught by men in blue again. I'll give you a call next week." Adam told Arthur. He tipped his hat to him before heading back off to turn himself in.

We stunk of the sewer. I felt gross all over and wanted to take a bath as soon as possible. "Madison! Arthur!" I heard Comte yell. Me and Arthur both turned to see Comte, as well as a few others from the mansion, coming our way. Zarin immediately pulled me into a bear hug. "Oh thank goodness you're alright, I was so worried about you!" She told me. I wrapped my arms around her. Honestly, I was just happy to be able to be with my best friend again.

"God, you smell like shit, did you just come out of the sewer?" Zarin asked, letting go of me. "Actually, yeah I did." I directed her attention to the open manhole behind us. "Well, make sure to wash yourself with a lot of soap and warm water when we get home!" She said to me, directing me into the carriage. "We can't have you smelling like this before we get back to the 21st century!"

Oh right...I forgot about that..