》Chapter 14《

Current date: 11/30/1899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was it. My final moments here. I held onto the evil eye Arthur gave me. I felt my eyes welling up with tears. I looked back at him. He was looking down. His eyes didn't meet mine.

I felt tears flowing freely down my cheeks. I loved him...so much. "Maddie? Are you okay?" Zarin asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I didn't say anything, I just stared.

I can't leave him..

I turned to look back at Arthur once more. He was still looking down. I needed to know what darkened those sapphire eyes...I wanted to heal him...to fix him...to save him..

It isn't an easy choice. If I stay here with Arthur, I abandon my old life...everything and everyone I knew would be abandoned..but if I go, I abandon the man I love...

I was torn between two and two. It was an overwhelming decision.

I won't leave him...

"I can't go." I simply said, before I turned back around. Arthur immediately lifted his head up at my words, confusion etching on his face. "Why's that, Chéri?" Comte asked, coming up to me and Zarin.

I looked past him, my eyes landing on Arthur's. He looked...hopeful..hopeful that I'll stay. "Oh...I see." Comte seemed to be reading my body language. I looked at Comte, who seemed to have a sort of thousand yard stare. "I also can't leave." Zarin said. I turned to look at her. "I think I fell in love too.." she blushed as the words left her mouth.

"May I speak to you two in private?" Comte asked, looking back at the both of us. We nodded.

++++

We were seated at the dining room table. "You two are aware of the fact that if you stay now, you abandon everything in your old life." Comte tells us, his face serious. We both nod. "And you understand that once you do this, there's no going back." He continues. We nod once more.

Silence.

Nothing but silence.

Comte seemed to be lost in thought.

"Well, it's decided..." he trails off. "What is it?" I asked. Comte if you're just taking your sweet time for dramatic effect, you're killing us over here...

"I think you guys will love it here!" Comte concludes. "Wait, really?!" I asked, standing up out of my seat. He nods, a welcoming smile crossing his face. Me and Zarin thanked Comte profusely.

++++

"Madison, that's amazing!" Arthur said, spinning me in the air. I was laughing. Happiness...pure happiness. I could feel the tears of happiness pricking my eyes. "So...does this mean you can officially be mine for keeps?" Arthur asked me, putting me down. "Do you really need an answer to that?" I asked, before I pressed my lips onto his.

Just like our first kiss, it was perfect...so full of love...it just felt so right. I loved him so much. If perfect had a physical embodiment, it would be him. I loved him so much..and I can finally be with him..forever.

"I love you so much, Arthur.." I told him, my hands cupped around his face. "I love you too...much more than anything in the world." He placed his forehead on mine. I felt safe in his arms. He was so comforting...and I loved him so much.

He was mine.

My boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: SOBBING WE'RE SO CLOSE TO THE END OF THE BOOK😫