》Chapter 1《

Current date: 10/30/1899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke to the sound of the bed covers ruffling, the head board of the bed creaking as I felt a new weight on the bed. I turned over to see if Zarin had gotten up in the middle of the night and was just simply returning to bed, but what I saw was not her at all.

"Who are you?" I asked the person. The person didn't speak, just simply sat there and stared at me. My fight or flight mode started to kick in rather quickly, and so I quickly rolled out of the bed to try and escape...whatever the fuck that was, but the person was too fast. They quickly wrapped their arms arpund my torso and threw me back onto the bed. They were on top of me, holding me down.

I was damn near hyperventilating at this point. "Let me go, you sick son of a bitch!" I yelled, desperately trying wiggle my way out from underneath them. "Let me have a taste." was all I heard them say, before I felt something pierce my skin.

Fangs.

Vampire fangs.

It stung so badly, I swear I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks. I couldn't move my arms or my legs. My limbs weren't in my control anymore, my vision blurred by the tears in my eyes.

Someone..bit me.

The person finally spoke again.

"Wake up Madison"

++++

"Madison, wake up!" I heard Zarin speak as she shook me from my sleep. I finally shot up from bed, hyperventilating from the dream. "Calm down, Mads, it's just me." Zarin told me, rubbing her hand soothingly along my back. "You were crying in your sleep, are you okay?" She asked me, slowly bringing me back down to the pillow.

"Oh, Zarin, I had a terrible nightmare. I dreamt that I had gotten bit by a vampire!" I said as I wiped the tears from my cheeks. "Do you wanna get a drink of water? Maybe it'll calm you down." Zarin suggested. I nodded frantically, swinging my legs over the bed and standing up shakily.

I honestly don't remember the last time I had an anxiety attack this bad over a dream. The last time I remember I had one was...well...I'd rather not talk about it. Zarin helps me walk on my shaky legs as we make out of our room and down the staircase.

"Girls? What are you two doing up at this hour?" Sebastian asked us, setting down the last plate, presumably for lunch tomorrow. "Could you get her a glass of water, Sebastian?" Zarin asked, pulling a chair out for me to sit on. I, of course, willingly accepted, as I felt like my legs could've given out at any second.

"Right away, mademoiselle." He says, rushing into the kitchen. "You gonna be alright?" She asks me, once again running her hand soothingly along my back. I nodded, wiping the final tears from my eyes. "I think I'll be alright." I told her, forcing a weak smile onto my face.

Sebastian's footsteps came back, a glass of water in his hands. "Do you have any idea what would've caused this?" He asked Zarin, placing down the cup in front of me. "She said something about a nightmare." Zarin explained. Sebastian's face remained stotic, almost as if he'd gone through this before.

"I was laying in my bed, when suddenly, this person came up and got into the space next to me. I tried to get up and run, but the person held me down on the bed. Next thing I know, the person bit me...it stung so bad, I started crying in my sleep." I explained, recalling the events from my nightmare. "The scary thing is, it felt so vividly real." I continued, bringing the glass of water up to my lips.

I flick my eyes up to look at Zarin, and her face look almost drained of its color. "...I had that exact same dream." She told me. "I woke up a few minutes before you did and had time to calm myself down." She continued, almost looking horrified that me and her had the same nightmare.