》Chapter 13《

A/N: Hey y'all so this chapter has like smut in it. It's my first one so I'm srry if it's like bad☠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current date: 11/29/1899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was quiet. Very quiet. I had been sitting on the rooftop of the mansion...reflecting. At first, I was so ready to leave this place...but I've fallen in love with Arthur...I don't want to leave anymore. I sighed, tucking my knees closer to my chest, holding the blanket around me closer so that I wouldn't freeze in the coldness of November.

"I was told I might find you up here." I heard the voice I knew all too well say. I turned back, giving Arthur a small smile before turning back, my frown replacing my smile. "I daresay, what's fogging your mind, dear?" He took a seat next to me. I just sighed and leaned on him.

It was like any other silence with him. Quiet. Comfortable. "Arthur...I've got a...a bit of a confession to make." I told him. My eyes didn't meet his sapphire gaze.

Was I really gonna do this?

Yes. Yes I was.

"..you know, when I first met you, I thought of you as nothing more than just a frivolous playboy. A man who was out to break my heart. A man who wanted to hurt me. I was constantly alert around you..but over this past month...I've really gotten to know you more. Through those outings, those detective cases, how you comforted me when I was at my lowest...I learned that you were so much more than what you make yourself out to be. You're kind, Arthur. Truly, you've got one of the most gentlest souls I've ever seen. You try not to paint yourself as a hero...yet that night...at the masquerade...you wanted to save everyone...even if it meant putting yourself at risk. While you were at the hospital...I had time to reflect...and I realized that I can't keep lying to myself...and lying to you. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that...I love you, Arthur..I love you more than anything else in the world!"

The words spewed out of me, finally letting my emotions pour out of me, like someone just opened the floodgates inside my heart. Arthur was silent for a few minutes. His body was tense. A wave of embarrassment and regret flew over me. "Goodness, would you just look at the time, I think it's time for me to-" "Sit down, Madison." Arthur told me. I sat myself back down next to him. Swallowing my nerves, I finally looked up at him.

"You know, Madison, I've had a dream. Ever since I was small, I had this same recurring dream, every year on my birthday. It was about a woman who looked just like you. Those same curls, that charming blue dress...I've always figured this dream had been telling me my future. The woman I would spend the rest of my life with. Though at the time, I was under the impression that dreams were just dreams and that I'd never find her. If you told me all those years ago that I'd find that mysterious woman..I would have laughed in your face. But...I found her...and she's more perfect than what I had envisioned all those years back."

My face had a tint of red cross over it. He basically just told me I'm the woman of his dreams. I felt tears flowing freely from my eyes. "So does this mean..?" "It does. Madison, I was in love with you from the very first minute I met you." He told me. There was a sheepish smile on his face, a blush dusting over his cheeks as well.

"..I don't get it...I should be so happy..but I can't stop crying.." I could barely contain my smile. I felt a gloved hand wipe away my tears. He is honestly so perfect.

I finally submitted to what my body wanted to do this whole time. I pressed my lips up against his. Truly...in that moment..I felt complete. Everything about my first kiss was so perfect. I could never go back to the 21st century. I wanted to stay with this man for the rest of my life.