》Chapter 15《

Current date: 04/23/1902
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you taking me, Arty?" I asked, my hand intertwined with my husband's gloved one. "You'll see!" He chips. Oh Arty..what tricks do you have up your sleeve this time? I thought.

"Darling, you can climb, can't you?" He asked, turning to face. "Kinda sorta...I'm not exactly the best climber out there.." I replied. He repeated my words to himself. I yelped as I felt his hands lifting me up, supposedly to hoist me into the tree. It took him a bit before he joined me in the tree.

"Uhm...I remembered how you told me you always wanted to stargaze in an area with little light pollution...so I wanted to take you stargazing.." he says, looking away with a slight blush on his face. "You remembered that?" I asked, looking over at him. He nods.

"You are so adorable, I love you so much, Arthur!" I told him, kissing all over his cheek afterward. "Madison, a man like myself does not want to be called 'adorable'!" He huffs. I know deep down he actually loves it. I thought.

I loved this man with every single fiber of my being. I couldn't wait to start my future with him. He is my happiness...my joy. He brought back something in me I thought died a long time ago.

There was just one minor detail I needed to discuss with him.

"Hey, Arty..you remember how we discussed having kids?" I asked him. "Yeah, what about it?" He asked me. "Well...I put some thought into it...and I've decided that I want to become a vampire.." I stated.

"What? Madison you ca-" I placed a finger over his lips before he continued. "I know what you're about to say. You don't want me to become a vampire because you don't want me to bear the burden of having eternal life, but please, just hear me out, alright..?" I told him. He quickly backed off and nodded, urging me to continue.

"If we ever have kids, I want them to be able to have a mother...I don't want them to have to go through the grief of having a dead mom...I couldn't ever put them through that." I explained. He seemed lost in thought after my explanation. "That's...actually a pretty good reason to want to be a vampire...but you know I can't turn you, right darling? Only someone like Comte can." He tells me. "I already knew about that...but if that's what it takes..it's a risk I'm willing to take." I told him.

The next couple of hours was nothing but comfortable silence as me and Arthur sat next to each other, watching the stars glitter in the night sky. I could kind of make out the Milky Way because of how little light pollution there was. It was truly a beautiful sight to see.

"I love you, Arthur."

"I love you too, Madison."