》Chapter 6《

⚠️WARNING: This chapter contains abuse, if you cannot handle that, please immediately move past paragraphs 1-3⚠️

Current date: 11/16/1899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hi honey.." I say, entering my house, taking my hair out of my ponytail. "Isn't it odd how the MAN of the house has to cook his own dinner?" Marcél asks me, his tone threatening. "I'm pretty sure I made you dinner, you just had to heat it up.." I tell him as I take my earrings out. "Oh, I'm so sorry Odette, but I had a very hard day at work and I'd like to relax!" He continues. "I know, but I've also had a hard day at work too, so I'd like to rela-" my words were cut off as I felt my husband grab me by my hair and yank me back.

"Alright, you listen up here, bitch, I'm hungry so I BETTER see my dinner on the table and served to me, okay?!" He shouts in my ear. His grip on my hair was so tight and it hurt so badly. I didn't answer as I felt the tears welling in my eyes. "I said okay?" He repeats. "Okay! Okay! Just let go of-" "And DON'T fucking sass me again." "Mhm.."

"Now get to work!" He threw me to the ground, banging my eye on the end table in the process. I sobbed as I held the eye that was hit. I could feel myself bleeding. "Oh you'll walk it off, you used to be a nurse remember?" He said bluntly before walking off.

+++++

Current date: 11/18/1899
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You alright, Odette? You seem off..or..dull." I ask. "Huh..? Oh..yeah..I'm fine.." Obviously I didn't believe her. No amount of foundation or sunglasses could cover up the bruise around her eye, but I knew it must've been a sensitive topic for her, so I decided not to press further. "Well..if there's anything you ever have to talk about, please don't hesitate to tell me..alright?" I told her. She smiles at me, I could see that she wanted to tell me but couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Ah, there's my favorite bartender!" Arthur says, walking in with Theo in tow. "How are you liking the job, dear?" He asks, slipping into a seat. "Oh, it's going so great! It's all thanks to Odette here though, she's helped me understand all the tips and tricks about this job!" I say, hugging Odette. Odette was practically my work best friend. She was so sweet, almost Vincent level sweet. She was kind, she treated everyone with respect, and I absolutely adored her. "Oh, Madison, you flatter me!" She smiles, hugging me back.

"Soo, what would you like to order, sir Arthur?" I ask, my mocking tone obvious. "I'd like some coffee please, oh and if it's not too much trouble, I'd like some fudge with it as well!" He told me. "Not drinking tonight, mutt?" Theo asks. "Not tonight, old chap. I've got a lot of work to do on my manuscript." He tells me. "Coffee and fudge, coming right up!" I say before going to the back, Odette following.

"You're familiar with sir Arthur?" She asks me, pouring the coffee into the coffee cup. "You could say that..we're kinda like housemates right now." I reply, grabbing the fudge. I placed it on a small silver plate and took the coffee cup Odette handed me. We both walk back up to the front and hand Arthur his order. "Here you are, sir." I mock once more. He chuckles before taking his order. "Well thank you, ma'am." He mocks back.

"Alright you two, stop flirting, I'd like to take my order." Theo says, disgust etching on his features. My face heated up at what he said but I quickly shook off the feeling. "What can I-" "Whiskey, watered down please." I didn't even get to finish! I thought. I managed to swallow down my annoyance and started making the drink.

Had I not cared about getting fired as much as I do, I would've spat in his drink. "Here you go, Theo." I say, placing a customer service smile on my face. He takes his drink, but not without shooting me a nasty glare in the process. Like, holy shit, if looks could kill, I would be dead by now. "Asshole.." I muttered under my breath.

"Anyways, Madison, how about you and I go on a little outing together? Just the two of us!" He asked me. "I feel like there's a catch to this." I say, leaning on the counter. "Well, you see, Alyona has had some of her fabric stolen and has requested me, along with a few others, to help find them!" He explains. "So what, you want me to be your assistant or some shit?" I ask, quirking up an eyebrow. He nods.

"Hmm.. you're lucky I work the night shift." I told him. "So, is that a yes?" "Yeah, sure, why not?" I agreed.

Detective by day, bartender by night, who would've thought?