11. Argument

Shoto's POV

I'm probably over thinking everything. They probably weren't even doing it on purpose.

"Shoto!" I heard someone yell my name. I looked over to see Touya in his car. "Come in."

I can't really say no now. I got into the front seat. "Don't do that please," he asked me. He let out a big sigh and looked up at the roof of the car. He seems upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I- it's just the kids, they just... annoyed me," He sighed and looked forward.

"Oh yeah, that makes sense," I tried to... I don't know what I'm trying to do. Socially interact? Yes. That would be helpful.

"They just say things they don't know are bad yet, ya know?" He sighed. He started driving again.

"Yeah I get that." Is that a good response? I can't tell. We got back in like 4 minutes. We pulled into the driveway.

"Did you not get anything at the mall?" He asked.

"Um no, I mainly hung out in the food court," I replied.

"Did you buy food?" He asked.

"No..." I trailed off.

"Did you eat lunch?"

"... no." I wasn't thinking about it okay?

"Your eating extra dinner then," he told me.

"What if I can't?" He asked.

He opened the door, "then you'll starve to death, I don't know."

We walked into Hawks with the kids watching TV. He looked over at Touya but then looked away immediately.

"Do you want to help me cook?" He asked.

"Yeah, I can do that?" I don't cook often. I don't think I can help much.

He just gave me things to chop the entire time. He said he was making hand made Beef and Broccoli. I cut the vegetables and the beef and he put me in charge of cooking the rice which was easy since it was just a rice cooker. It was just water and rice and boom let it sit for 20 minutes.

I got the homework I had from upstairs and took it down sitting at the counter. I tried to read my book but got distracted by something. Hawks has yet to lay his hands on or even speak to Touya. Something must have happened. Damn that's weird. I think is the first argument I've seen them in. Is it an argument? Like not talking, yeah more like that.

Wait wasn't I upset about something? No, I don't have time for that. I need to focus.

"Shoto," Touya leaned on the counter. "Did you unpack all your things yet?"

"No not really anything..." I just have the bag or bags in the corner unopened.

"Do you want me to help you tomorrow?" He asked.

"No that's fine," I stated. "I have to do school things. On Monday I have training after school." Wow I'm so used to lying about having training. I actually go to GSA which stands for Gay-Straight Alliance. I don't have to lie anymore right? Why would I have to?

"Oh, that's great," he smiled softly.

"I- um- actually- um- Nevermind," I stuttered. My face grew hot with embarrassment.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I actually uh... go to a GSA club," I cringed.

"Okay cool," he smiled. "Tell me about anything you have after school. So I know when to pick you up."