🏵️ ⋆.ೃ࿔* Book Two (part 18)

Plan Synchronizing

The next day...

"That is quite the plan, Housewarden Rosehearts!" Deuce exclaimed eagerly, his eyes filled with enthusiasm.

The sun hung high in the sky, casting dappled shadows under the branches of the apple tree in the courtyard. It was a perfect day, and the Heartslabyul gang, Jack, Grim, and I, were gathered there, sprawled comfortably on the grass, discussing our strategies for the upcoming Spelldrive tournament and what to do about Ruggie.

Cater, the ever-smiling and carefree 3rd year, threw an arm around my shoulder, a mischievous glint in his eye. He claimed the spot on my left, ensuring he wouldn't be the target of any unexpected apple drops from the tree above.

"Sounds like 'ol Cay-Cay has a lot of prep work to do before the big day!" Cater grinned, nodding at me in a supportive manner.

Riddle acknowledged Cater with a thankful smile, his usually stern expression softening. "Thank you, Cater. Your discretion is appreciated. We need to keep this under wraps."

Cater couldn't resist a dramatic gesture and mimed shooting Riddle with a finger gun. "Gotcha, Riddle," he replied, maintaining his laid-back demeanor. Then, his attention shifted to Jack.

Cater's gaze locked onto Jack, his curiosity evident. "So, H-B-U, Jack? You've heard Riddle's plan. Are you in? Or out?" The question hung in the air, a palpable tension building as we all waited for Jack's response, knowing it could make or break our intricate strategy.

The midday sun bathed Jack's snow-white, fluffy hair, giving him an almost angelic appearance. However, the deep scowl etched on his face was a stark contrast to that impression. "There's nothing cowardly about it, at least. I suppose we can work together this one time," he grumbled, reluctantly agreeing to our plan.

"Really feelin' the trust there, Jack," Grim chimed in sarcastically, snuggling further into my lap. He cradled an apple in his small hands, munching contentedly. In his current form, Grim resembled a mischievous toddler more than his usual imposing self.

Ace's devilish smirk deepened as a faint dimple appeared on his rosy cheek. "Cool! Glad we sorted that out. Now, Deuce, Grim, and (Y/N)! We've got class, so let's get going."

"Aww, man! I was enjoying eating my apple..." Grim muttered under his breath, his ears drooping solemnly. I patted him gently to offer reassurance.

"Hold on a moment, freshmen," Riddle spoke up, and we all turned our inquisitive gazes toward him. "Because of the information it yielded, I'm going to overlook your flagrant violation of rule #6: 'No fighting on campus.' But rest assured that if it happens again, it will cost you your heads. Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir, Housewarden Rosehearts..." Deuce and Ace chimed in simultaneously, earning a nod from Riddle. Then, Riddle turned his gaze toward me.

"Yes, sir. Won't let it happen again, Riddle," I assured him, offering a warm smile. Riddle returned it with one of his own.