Chapter 6

ADEDAYO

******************

       Finally seeing the light after clawing my way through the Red Sand, I laid at the top gasping for breath. With my mind hazy and sight blurry, I looked up trying to make sense of my surroundings. With my sight still picking up double frames, I sighted Olabode yelling words I couldn't comprehend while aggressively pointing at me with a frightening look on his face. I then turned to notice the guards rushing towards me with their spears aiming at me with uncertainty in their eyes. With them just one step closer to me, I shouted raising my hands, 

" STOP!!, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!".

      They stopped with their spears nearly piercing me, about five of them and i stood up with my sight slowly becoming normal. Shakily I spoke 

                   " WHAT IS THIS?”

       The guards all exchanged wavering looks and stared at my chest. I looked down at the Ashe marks on my chest, counting it. Then I came to realize.

       By the gods!!! I received more than five marks. I then suddenly felt a force heading for me from behind with my Ashe mark intensely itching me. I then obeyed my instinct, jumped to my side and then a fireball flew through where I was, bursting the floor it hit as it pushed me and the guards with it's impact.

        I then looked up to see Olabode approaching me with his Ashe mark on his shoulder glowing and flames on his hands. With madness in his eyes, he approached me with a wicked smile saying

   " I always felt there was a weird aura around you boy and now you wear the mark of the Olossi........i couldn't ask for a better way to quench my thirst for sea demon blood than to claim the life of AJAKA's CHILD".

     As he attempted to strike me with a fireball he concocted from the flames on him, something from the sky hit the ground between me and Olabode, scattering dust and bricks of soil everywhere. With the dust settling and the guards by the other side slowly moving away from the scene, standing on the rubble was my uncle with his Ashe mark on his back glowing and his aura intense. He then shouted at olabode 

"You said you would do what?"

    With an infuriating tone, he replied " The boy wears the mark of Olokun, the next thing for him is death". My uncle turned and looked at me, then at my Ashe mark with a confused gaze. He then turned back to face olabode saying " I see seven marks , the marks of the sea demons are six"

"So?, As far as it's more than the five chosen by the Orishas, he's a demon of the sea or even worst"

With the air around him getting tense and his aura aggressive, my uncle replied "You must be mad if you think I would let you take the life of my brother's only child".

Olabode then conjures fireballs at both his hands with a fierce look on his face.

" SO BE IT!!!"

     He shot both fireballs at Ogundele as he rushed towards me. Almost nearing me with his hands on fire as he aimed at burning me, a hand grabbed him by the side of his dansaki. Uncle Ogundele gazed at him with a smirk as he held his dansaki by the shoulder , 

" WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO HURT ME?"

" THIS WOULD"

     Olabode then breathed fire at Ogundele's face but with him turning his face to iron in time. Breaking off my uncle's hold, he shifted a little backward, then shot a fireball at him with both hands as my uncle wavered backwards onto his knees, almost falling down. He tore off a black item from his dansaki and chanted on it ,

" Nipa agbara ere yi, jẹ kí ina mi ọ di Òjòlá, ko se ókún rẹ, ko sí sìn ìpinnu rẹ"

(translation)

......."By this Talisman, let my fire take the form of a python, bind him of strength and bury his will"

      He then burnt it with a flame at hand and threw it at my uncle who was heading towards him. A flame pattern then appeared on my uncle's body as the charm hit him, with it then evolving into a titanic python. It hissed violently at my uncle's face and constricted his hands and legs, holding him at that spot as the snake began to breathe fire at him. Olabode then conjures a huge spear out of flames and thrusted it at him with the effect blasting it's target's nearby surroundings and causing dust to erupt. The priest then faced me with flames in his eyes, heading for my direction with his hands armed but I laid unfazed for I knew what was coming.

      Then familiar laughter came from where my uncle was shot. In the dust stood my uncle as he filled the air with laughter, unharmed despite the attacks by olabode on him as he was still bonded by the flame python. He then looked at olabode with a gaze reeking of murderous intent and shouted, 

" OLABODE!!!.... DID YOU FORGET...WHO I AM?!!"

       Like it were merely shrubs, he tore off the python on his body with it hissing violently as it dissipated.  Like a thunderbolt, he raced towards olabode, grabbed Olabode by a chokehold and hit him on the floor with a slam. Looking down on Olabode coughing out blood, he spoke with a mocking tone saying " You must really have forgotten your place before me Bode, for you to think you can take me on alone".

He then grabbed him by the legs and smashed him twice on the floor of both his opposite sides. He then threw him to his right hand side as Olabode cried in pain.

" I won't demean myself and use my Ashe on you, i would cripple you alone with my bare fists"

     As he beared olabode who was pleading with his hands as it seemed he couldn't vocalize a statement, about to inflict damage with his fists on him. His fists then floated midair as he tried to punch olabode who was cowering in fear of the coming brutality, my uncle turned to his back as I'mwell as my gaze as his body started to float to see the Olu Awo far behind him. With his eyes white and apparently his Ashe mark glowing on the left side of his chest, he had stretched forth his staff towards my uncle and appeared to be the one that made him float. At his side was the boy with the EYES OF ORUNMILA and behind was Yetunde, Dada, my uncle's wife and other dignitaries with armed guards. 

Yetunde then spoke as she pointed at the guards to go fetch the lifeless Olabode 

" I'm sorry General, but we had to fetch the Olu Awo to stop you as no one else could".

      Then as my uncle supposedly began to calm down, I noticed the Olu Awo gaze at me with his eyes still white and then the air around me began to dissipate. I began to lose my breath as there was no air. My uncle then yelled a phrase i couldn't comprehend at the old man and tried to run towards him as he's still floating. My body became weak, my eyes began to shut and there was darkness.