Chapter 16

Use Of Pidgin English ✅

                              BADDO
                      ****************

         Worm. No...........Cockroach! Because worms don't persist this much against higher beings. I don beat this werey like three times now and he no wan still gree~I have beaten this werey like three times and he doesn't still give up. What's with these wack OYO warriors and trying to pull a flex. At least if you wan fight sef, try involve brain~At least of you want to fight, be smart about it. This one just dey throw machete anyhow, be like seh e no sabi who e dey fight~This one just keeps throwing his machete anyhow, seems he doesn't know he's fighting.
             Haaa Hann........The werey don dey incantate, be like to dey flex sword master don tire am~The werey has started incantating, seems flexing sword mastery is tiring him.

              Holding his machete upward, the Chief Guard of the Alake of Abeokuta then starts to incantate saying,
         "                Ẹsẹ mí yile
               My blood stains the floor
            Ninu Aisẹgun mi, mo bi di eniyẹyẹ
        In defeat, my back has scraped the floor
   Iyi mi ti di oun yẹyẹ, sugbọn pẹlu isipaya kan, agbara rẹ yóò hàn
     My might has been put to shame but with a single strike will it show it's dominion
   Nitori Ara Kii Saba Nibi kan Lẹẹmeji
   For lightning does not strike the same place twice "

         With lightning suddenly moving round his body and machete with his Ashe mark glowing, he continues.
          " Sango oo!   .....Nipa ada Ami jẹki ara
      Sango!......by my machete, let your lightning flow
            Pẹlu Ashe Mi, Je ki agbara rẹ tàn níwájú awọn ti wọn yeye Ayanfẹ rẹ
       Through my Ashe, let your power shine before thee that mocks your chosen
           Pẹlu idi paya kan, jẹ ko mo ijayi
      With this one strike, let him know fear
                         Jẹ ko mọ Ara
              LET HIM KNOW THUNDER
                        Jẹ ko mọ ikú
                LET HIM KNOW DEATH!!

             With his machete starting to lose of mighty lightning, he charges towards me with the intent to kill in his eyes. Reaching me,he then hurls the lightning coated machete at my neck with his expression reflecting victory and at the sight of it, i begin to laugh.
               At the start of my laughter, his attack begins to slow down as his machete approaches my neck. For a moment, he seems surprised by my sudden laughter for he thought my end is nigh. Then he starts to notice what's happening to him, he sees that he and his blade moves at the pace of a tortoise. The slow expression of the werey realizing it makes me laugh even more.

         " Omoo, how you take be Chief Guard of the Alake sef, O ni La kai at all~How did you become the Chief Guard of the Alake, you don't have sense at all.
        Since i don dey beat you and you no even try reason how I dey do am, you start dey read incantations~Since i have been beating you and you couldn't even think of how I do it, then you start saying incantations"
             "Werey say LET HIM KNOW DEATH.....NIBO!!~HOW!!!"

                I then hold his slow moving hand at which his machete is been hurled at me and say to him.
         " Jẹ kin so fún sìn, to be tún ayé ẹ wa ti o ba ri mi, wa sáré kaba kaba
          Let me tell you now so in your next life, if you see me....you will take to your heels
          Emi ni Baddo.......Gurumahraji
         I am Baddo............Gurumahraji
          Emi ni eni tan dari ona gbogbo oun ti obo lori ilẹ ayé yìí
         I am he that ordains the path of all on this earth
                    Iku fan gbọ témi
             Even Death dances to my tune
         Mo di Ashe ti Orishá Ọlọ na musi mi agbara ọ sa lọwọ
           I hold the Ashe of the Orisha of Pathways and i wield the power of the ocean
            Ti mi ọ gba laye, gbogbo iṣẹ ọta ile kanmi, gẹgẹ bí ọkọ ojú omi ọ lerin ti omi oba gba laye
            Like the canoes that frolick the seas, by my allowance would only all actions that thread a path towards me move
            Nii pa igba to ba rin timi, tabi ti idarẹ ba fẹ ṣe mi ni su ta
            As long as you take a step towards me, as long as your blade travels a path to harm me
          Gbogbo ohun to ba fẹ ṣe mi le she on ile kan mi
           I will never be put to harm by whatever travels to harm me."

              I take out my dongoyaro wraps from the chest pocket of my red jacket and then rip off one of the flame charms that Biodun made for me. I say the incantations needed to make fire with the charm and i use it to light up my dongoyaro wraps. I then gives my attention back to the cockroach that was bugging me while i blow a puff of the dongoyaro i'm smoking on his confused face.

           " Shebi you dey kneel before you start to dey yarn that yeye incantation.........OYA PADA!!~Weren't you kneeling before you started saying that stupid incantation.....NOW GO BACK!!!"

             With my Ashe, i make him backtrack to how he was before incantating with his knees to the ground and him shouting as he reverses. With him on his knees, i then take his machete and chop off his right arm. He shouts and tries to move but i cover his mouth and hold him still in the kneeling position with my Ashe. The tears flowing down from his eyes and his muffled pain bring me joy as i laugh and blow puffs of smoke on his face.

          " See ehhnn, normally i don't do this....i usually kill my opponents faster but you OYO warriors with Sango Ashe like feeling yourself, like seh nah only una strong pass~like it's only you guys that are strong"
            " So before you die, i want you to feel powerless, i want you to know that you are to me what grass is to cattle. I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT BEFORE ME, YOU ARE FODDER!!!"