Chapter 8

MAIGARMAR
*******************

.............Three days before Adedayo was summoned by the Igbimọ, At the night of his Ìrúbọ Ashe...........

        Far from the touch of the lands of OYO, where the magic of the Orishas and the sea god, Olokun, weren't the only ones to roam was "Apa Òsí ", the left part of Irúnmölé, the forest of a thousand demons. It's territory was the most of the lands of Irúnmölé, where principalities almost as old as the Orishas dwelled, and standing on the peak of the mountain castle at the centre of Apa Òsì was it's ruler.............Okukun.
             Under the starry night, he stood with surveillance at mind, watching his territory reek of activities for mostly evil dwelled in Apa Òsì, and evil labored at night.
             His immaculate self poised at the top of the dark mountain castle, his face out of sight in his black hooded clothing, floating midair as white bright markings reflect on his arms. It is said that his clothes always swayed regardless of the wind because it houses souls of humans and creatures both, which he receives from entities that dwell in his territory as a form of offering for their stay in his territory.
             Then to the outskirts close to the regions that lead lakes from the great sea, came a huge cold hostile wind. As he shifted his gaze to the region at which the wind came from, Hùùd apparently sensed the presence of uninvited visitors with an aura even the evil of this forest couldn't reek of. He then teleported to the part of the forest at which they stank from.

              Then he came before the presence of the Olossi as they rose from the lake, chasing off it's  home spirits as they filled it with their hostile aura. Only their humanoid stature gave off the impression that they were once humans. With their six Ashe marks imprinted on their body, the Olossi have a green-blue scaly pattern on their body, ranging from their neck downwards to their feet with their chest region left to be with their human skin and fins with blade-like edges at their calves and elbows. With gills at their necks, their faces have mild scales, their eyes with bright blue snake-like pupils and a mouth filled with razor sharp teeth.

       Okukun with no hesitation swung into action as he used his ability to manipulate the earth of his territory to encage the Olossis as they came out of the lake. He then summoned six shadowy replicas of himself from underneath the hooded garment he's wearing to match the six Olossis that came out and incantated bows and arrows into their arms so they can shoot the encaged Olossis.

     Then one Olossi broke off the earthly cage, apparently seeming to be the most powerful and biggest one. Hailing at about 6 and a half feet tall, with muscles twice the size of Ogundele's and his dreadlocks with blades at it's edges that stretch down to his backside. The Prince of the Olossi, " Afiku YanGan '' roared at Hùùd with obvious anger on his face. The rest of the Olossis broke out from their cages and aimed at attacking Hùùd but Afiku halts them with a hand gesture saying
               "LEAVE HIM TO ME"

    Okukun scoffs, then directs his shadow clones to shoot at Afiku with their arrows but Afiku responds to their simultaneous attack as he shoots blue flames from his mouth at the arrows as they were halfway close to him, burning off the threat. Okukun then orders his clones to attack with a hand gesture as they all rush towards Afiku with them forming shadowy spears at hand.

     Afiku twists his neck with his hand as a "CRACK" sound pops from the act. Then takes a cat-like posture with his fingers touching the ground as he faces the coming adversary with his long serpent-like tongue out and a smirk on his face.

     Then literally as quick as lightning, he darts through the clones, tearing their very existence off with his blade-like fingernails as he propels towards Hùùd. Before he could attack, Okukun stops him just inches close to himself with the earth and vegetation of the area. But Afiku quickly breaks them off and lashes at Okukun with his arm but Okukun dodges as he drifts to the left. Afiku then side steps and tries to strike Okukun in the chest but in a glance, Okukun creates a mirage in his place to take on the damage as he drifts to the left.

       He then creates a spear off shadows he harvested from beneath his garment and maimed at Afiku, who caught the spear before it could do any damage. With Hùùd leaving it, the spear then evolves into a shadowy serpent and crawls through Afiku's hand to bite him in the face, but he responds in time as he seizes the snake by head and burns it with blue flames from his mouth.

Okukun then drifts backwards with Afiku rubbing the side of his chin with his arm as he smirks saying,
   " I have never fought an Unaged before........i would very relish the feeling that comes with showing you what death feels like"

          Okukun didn't speak a word in response but summoned multiple shadows from beneath his garment as they all transformed into gigantic cat-like beasts, waiting for the order to attack. Afiku remained unfazed by their appearance as he shrugged and then assumed a fighting stances.
          As they were both about to pounce on each other with Afiku taking the initial and runs towards Okukun with Okukun’s shadow beasts reciprocating the same at Afiku
           A voice halts them at their tracks yelling,
                                 "STOP!!!!!!"