Chapter 10

MAIGARMAR
****************** 

      Bad luck has always tailed Ajaka....the last Aláàfin. First of all, it was the crown that he tried so hard to avoid and then his life was taken by the Olossi. There was no worse disgrace to the crown of OYO than it's wearer being killed by the crown's greatest enemy. And now his blood runs so thick, bad luck has spread all the way to his son. With his even worse as he bears more than the Ashe marks ordained by the Orishas and could very much be a demon of the sea.

             Ogundele waits in the council room for the other members of the Igbimọ, sipping his monkey tail as the alcohol struggles to wash away his worries. Sitting on his distinguished chair designed for the Balogun of OYO with the term inscribed on the chair.

         Moments later, the guard announces them as they all enter with Aganjusola leading the way. Among the members of the Igbimọ, his tier of expertise and jurisdiction fell to kingdom security and warfare. As all other wielders of Sango's Ashe, he was fierce and loudmouthed, literally the most outspoken of all members of the Igbimọ. In his black & red striped agbada and sokoto with heavy white beads worn around his neck, he walks in with his face all stern which was quite unusual of him but with consideration of the matter he and the rest of the Igbimọ were about to address, it was quite clear on why.

      He is a big muscular man, fair skinned with three large tribal marks at each side of his face cheeks and also has a pouch which makes his muscular stature less appealing. He is a friend to Ogundele outside the council room, a fellow drinker when they merry with his love for the Hausas' Brukutu drink the only point of quarrel between them.

          Adebisi Onigboho follows suit as she comes with her walking stick at hand. She is the oldest among all in the Igbimọ and the most knowledgeable as well. Wielding the Orisha of healing and medicine.....Babalu-Aye's Ashe, she is calm minded and also stands as the most powerful one to wield it presently in all of OYO. Aged as her dark skinned face bears wrinkles, with her wearing a white head tie and a purple gown on her slender small body. She sits on her part of the table for her tier of expertise fell to kingdom welfare and health as designated on her chair with Aganjusola sitting on his before her, ignoring eye contact with Ogundele as he did.

     Then Ademola Adenike and Láaróyè, Ogundele's firstborn son enters. In fitting outfits apparently, for they both wear black & red dansaki and sokoto as it is their patron Orisha's (Eshu) customary colours. The former distinguishes himself with a Fila on his head as he holds a dark brown staff with the head of a cock as it's mantle.

         Ademola is in his early fifties, but his looks never express it. He has the stature of a youth and a young face with only shades of gray hair on his beard and head showing signs of old age. He has dim eyes and always holds a cunning smile. His tier of council and jurisdiction fell to the kingdom's commerce and profit taking or reducing activities with it being a position well deserved as he is the most wealthy person in OYO-ILE, nearly rivaling Femi Otedola of Ibadanland in riches. He seems docile but he's a crafty man and a powerful one at that.

          He greets Ogundele and the seated others with a bow as he takes his seat at the left side of the table with Ogundele's son.... Láaróyè sitting next to him. Láaróyè is also among the Igbimọ due to his command over the traveling lanes of the kingdom as well as being the representative and informant of OYO when dealing with foreign entities. As they have all gathered, Ogundele then orders the guards to close the door as they start the meeting addressing Adedayo's fate.

✖️✖️✖️✖️
Fun Fact(s): Igbimọ means The Council in Yoruba.
The Hausas are another tribe that share the same country with Yoruba in Nigeria and Brukutu is one of their alcoholic drinks.
Láaróyè wasn't illustrated like the rest because he has already been described in Chapter 7.
If u enjoyed the chapter, kindly vote and share, please leave a comment.
Thanks ❤️