Chapter 13

ADEDAYO
*****************
While still on air following Yetunde from behind, Okiki then says to me
" Have your tried harming yourself to check?"
Confused by his question, i reply
"What?"
He responds saying
" Unlike those of the Orishas, the Olossis don't need to complete the final rite where you pour your blood on the idol of your patron deity to claim the powers of your Ashe"
" Their god simply gives them their powers and form by the moment they claim his Ashe mark and one of the abilities that comes with being an Olossi is their regenerative powers........so my prince, have you tried harming yourself?"

I stutter as i reply,
" We-Well, i never thought of it........i haven't trie-"

" You know... I can very much help you with I" says Okiki as he interrupts me
"Help with what?" I reply

He replies with a tone that held both seriousness and mischief saying,
" The Harming and hurting of course!!, You know .....the cutting of your body parts and stuff, it would do me great honour my prince for my blades have never tasted the blood of royalty"

Provoked, i respond to his statement saying,
" I understand my present predicament Okiki but i won't tolerate such words from you"
He then pulls off that weird laughter of his and then speaks back saying
" Abeggi, drop the commando act, authority by blood alone never worked on me even when you had the Orishas' favour.......you know this"
" And besides, if you don't get hurt now...it would still come for there's no worse crime than bearing an Olossi's mark, the Igbimọ won't let you live speakless of letting you stay in power as heir to the throne, might as well give up to blades that crave your blood more"

After he says that, i suddenly felt a sensation from the blades on his back as i hold his waist. He looks back and chuckles at the act of me shifting my hands slightly away from them. Silence then sets in between both of us as i give no response to his statement. We begin to near the capital with Yetunde looking back at us and then bolts down the sky towards the city.
Okiki then says
" She isn't talking like she usually does right?"
" What?" I reply

" YETUNDE, i notice she hadn't been all over you as she usually is, you both are doing okay?"
" Not exactly, but it should be expected since I'm THIS now"

He then chucked as he strokes the mane of Shoki who whistles silently in satisfaction and replies me,
" Being an Olossi is a crime so great but it was never a cross taken, you didn't wish for it......i understand she has her demons but stigmatizing you right now with how motherly she acts towards you, i didn't expect so from her"

I reply him saying
" You were never one to reflect on people's relationship like this, especially mine so why do you care?"

He laughs and then says in return,
" True my prince......Very True"

Shoki then dives down into the capital , heading for the palace. Along the way, people look up to gaze at the korokpe riders flexing their aerial view. They then notice me behind Okiki on the korokpe and hostility takes over some of their faces. Normally i would be cheered as i pass through, but now eyes follow me with bad intent as they whisper among themselves. A child even tries to wave as i pass but his mother hits his hands down and scolds him.
Way through the capital we fly until we get to the palace, with Yetunde waiting for us at the centre of the compound with five armed guards. We land in front of them with Shoki screaming at all before him, causing the guards to draw distance from us. We then come off Shoki as Yetunde gestures to take hold of me as she walks into the palace.

Okiki then says as he softly pushes me towards the guards,
" You walk towards execution my prince........may you see better in your next life"

With the guards looking irritated by what he said, i nod in response to his statement and follow the guards as they lead me from the compound all the way to the throne room inside the palace. Manned by it's dark brown walls donned with drawings of ancient symbols of weapons and royalty, the throne room was already occupied by chieftains of the capital at both sides of the passageway to the podium where the throne sat. Moving past the eyes of the most important figures in OYO-ILE, i edge closer to my uncle who stands before the throne on the podium with the rest of the Igbimọ gathered below him.
Seeing the emotionless look on his face and that of the rest of the Igbimọ reminds me of the cold treatment i got from Yetunde who stands at the edge of the throne's podium. And with that in mind, i say my prayers as i stand before my uncle to claim my judgement.