Chapter 14

Sexy pic of Alexander Ludwig as Ethan on the side!! HUBBA HUBBA!! ---------------->

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Ethan's POV

'Thank you... Yeah, ok.... See you then....ok... Bye.'

I snapped my phone shut and grinned happily. I had just finished finalising my preparations for mine and Joey's date.

There was a throb inside of me whenever I thought about her. Her eyes, her hair blowing in the wind, the way her eyes crinkle slightly when she laughs, her bouncy character and her gentle, caring side.

I didn't want this date to be perfect. I needed it to be perfect. It felt like if this date didn't go well then my whole world would just disappear.

I had always known Joey was different. Sure, at first she was my best friends little sister, and like a sister to me. Both Jack and myself would do anything to protect her, but as we grew older I started to realise that she wasn't just an important girl in my life. She was the ONLY important girl in my life.

Starting high school had made a huge impact on the way I acted. I was after popularity and I almost forgot my how important Joey was to me. Almost. But gradually I started to realise that my player ways were just a subconscious way of trying to forget my feelings for her. I had been so oblivious to my heart, that I only thought with my hormones.

At first all I wanted was to mess around, but never have it go this far because that would be breaking the bro code. Now that it has come this far, I couldn't care less about the stupid codes. It was a mistake, but it was a beautiful mistake with a beautiful girl who lit up my world. And I couldn't have asked God for a better path to be chosen for me. 

I'm not a big believer in 'love', well, I wasn't before a few months ago. Now I think that's all changing, and I owe it to the girl who is slowly stealing my heart.

*****

I wiped my sweaty palms against my dark jeans and took in a deep breath.

I stood outside Joey's front door, mentally preparing myself for the night ahead.

Before I knew it my hand slowly reached up to pressed down firmly on the doorbell. I heard voices inside before the door swung open and my green eyes met Jacks blue ones. He stood with one hand resting on the doorknob and the other stuff into his jeans.

His eyes still held a arctic coldness but were slightly better compared to that day in school. I thought he was going to kill me then and there by the look of sheer fury his eyes had held. 

Looking me up and down once, he didn't say anything and instead just called for Joey.

More voices sounded from inside the house as I stared through the open door. Jack has just wandered off, leaving it wide open.

I clutched onto to the bouquet of different coloured tulips tighter as I waited for a Joey to appear. A few seconds later she sauntered over to the door casually.

The sight in front of me made my knees wobble as I let out a shaky breath from a sudden lack of oxygen. She wore a beautiful bottle green dress that flowed over her curves and rested just above her knee. They complimented her eyes so well and were the same shade as mine. It wasn't formal which I thanked god for mentally. Instead it was a casual dress that a normal teenage girl would wear for going out somewhere.

A simple silver necklace hung around her neck. Her hair was curled down reaching a little past her shoulders. She looked like a goddess to me.

Her eyes lit up as they mine which eagerly scanned her body. I stepped forward towards her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Without wanting to get too carried away, I drew away but close enough for my breath to fan across her face.