Chapter 7

Hello everyone! I've decided I'm going to change this story's name to just 'Forgiving You', because I don't really see the point in the seven steps anymore. I have new plans for this story, so please don't be mad, and be supportive!' Thank you.

Remember to COMMENT and VOTE! <3 <3 <3

Chapter 7

Blah, blah, blah. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

YADDA?! I did a double take as my brain registered Jack's last sentence. HE SAID WHAT NOW?! Wait..rewind...

'I love you, Alexandra Mykel Foster. I. Love. You. And nothing will EVER change that.'

Okay, so maybe I hadn't imagined what Jack had just said. Why now? I mean, he's had 12 months to say that, but he chooses today out of all days? Unbelievable. Unb-bloody-believable!

I stood, rooted to my position, as I gaped at him. This boy standing in front of me, who had just confessed his love. For me, out of all people! Yeah, sure we'd been going out for a year, but we've never said the 'L' word to each other. Until now. Well, HE did, at least.

'Alex?' he snapped his fingers at me.

'Uh-huh?' I replied slightly dazed. I slowly started recovering from the initial shock and realised that Jack was still there.

'Say something, Alex. Anything.' He pleaded me with his eyes.

It took everything in me, not to give into those sparkling blue eyes. But I couldn't afford to do anything stupid. Especially now, at such a sensitive time.

'Jack..' I started, not knowing exactly what I was going to say. 'I'm flattered and all, but-'

He held up his hand signalling me to stop there. 'But,' he sighed lightly, dropping his gaze to the floor. 'There always has to be a but,' he mumbled softly.

'Jack, let me finish. Look at me.' I ordered, probably sounding a lot more controlling than I felt. His gaze didn't leave the grass. 'Godammit Jack! Look at me! Why do you have to make things harder than they already are?!' I snapped at him. His head flew up, his eyes meeting mine.

My gaze softened the slightest, as I tried to control my suddenly hitched breathing.

'But...' I continued, 'But with everything going on right now, do really think this was the appropriate time to say that?' I asked rhetorically. His mouth opened to say something, but I quickly carried on. 'Jack, don't you just think that it would just be better for everyone, if we all took a break from this? That includes Lizzie as well. It's best if we take a time out from each other, because right now, we're not moving anywhere. There's only a few months till graduation, then we will all be going our separate ways. If this all blows over by graduation, then that's amazing!' I sighed inwardly, 'But, until then, lets leave the water to simmer down a little.'

I placed my hand softly on Jack's cheek, grazing it with my thumb.

'Goodbye Jack,' I whispered softly, as though if I made too much noise, the whole world would crack.

I got onto my tip-toes and placed a gently last kiss on his cheeks, before turning on my heel and walking away.

I gingerly touched my lips with my fingers, feeling them tingle a little.

Looking down at my watch, I realised I had missed a huge chunk of period 1 already, so I decided against going to class, and instead found myself walking to the library. Hopefully, Ryan would be there, and maybe we could talk about our project.

Or my suckish, currently ended, non existent love life and friendship problems.

*********

'I know that it wasn't nice, and selfish of me, but-'