Chapter 3

ALEX'S POV:

I had spent the last 55 minutes trying to take in as much as I could from Mr Duffield's husky, monotonous voiceexplaining the work of different kinds of enzymes in the human body, and to be honest I hadn't learnt anything. Sometimes I wonder if he actually likes biology and likes to teach it, or if he's one of those 50 year old loner guys who still live with their mothers and are forced to do something they don't trully love.

Ony 5 more minutes until I can eat with Jack, I convinced myself. I couldn't wait to get out of this class. After I had forgiven Jack, without a second thought, I couldn't help but wonder if i had been too gullible to believe Jack the instant he said that it wasn't his fault about the whole 'him and Lizzie' situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean Lizzie's been my friend since we were less than one! Having tea parties with our dolls, while our mum's drank real tea and gossiped about who had lost the most weight in their 'girls group', as they liked to call it, or complained about how our dad's couldn't understand what women go through. We would always run around the house, being chased by Alex, Lizzie's older brother by a couple of years. 

Lizzie's mum and my own mum had known each other since high school but had lost touch after they graduated all those years ago. They then bumped into each other when my parents where on their honeymoon in Venice, almost after 6 years, and kept in touch ever since then. Camilla, Lizzie's mum, was like a second mum to me.

When I was 5, my parent died in a plane crash on the way back from a important business meeting they both had to attend to, and Camilla had been by my side, and taken me in like her own. She was my rock, even though I at the meager age of 5, I hadn't been able to understant why my parents were never going to come back to me. 

Lizzie and I grew closer than ever in those coming years after my parents' death. I was an only child and Lizzie was the closest thing to a sister I had, and Alex being the closest thing to a brother. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that she would do something like this to me. She knew that I liked Jack since we started high school, and I had noticed that she too, had started to take a liking in him. Both of us knew that he was way out of our league. Jack was the hottest jock of our school, and all the girls were practically head over heels for him, not to mention Charlotte. Neither of us had expected him to like me, let alone ask me out and to be his girlfried.

Lizzie had obviously been jealous when Jack and me became an item but I thought she'd got over it. Obviously not.

The sharp ringing of the school beel snapped me back into reality. I sighed a sign of relief and got up and grabbed my bag from under my desk. I started gathering my books together and putting them in my bag, when I heard someone call my name. A deep, sexy, voice that I knew and loved so much. I spun around to see Jack standing in the doorway winking at all the giggling girls that walked past. I quickly ran over to him, and gave him a evil glare.

'Hey hot stuff,' he said flashing me a wide grin.

'Did you also say that to all those girls you were winking at?' I asked as I gave him a playful shove.

'Awwh c'mon Alex, you know I was just playing! You don't see me kissing them do you? You're my girlfreind, and I wouldn't want to replace you with anyone else.'

I put my finger to my chin, pretending to think on that point for a while. 'Well I guess your right,' I said sticking my tongue out at him as I twined my fingers around his.