Chapter 11

HEY GUYS! i know I'm really late in saying this but HAPPY NEW YEAR! MAY THIS YEAR BE FILLED WITH JOYOUS MOMENTS AND SUCCESSES AND ACHIEVMENTS THAT MAKE US PROUD. HAVE A PROSPOROUS 2013!!

Soo.... as you can OBVIOUSLY tell, the world DIDN'T end! Can I get a wha-wha?! No? Yeah, didn't think so. To be honest, there's a little part of me that wanted the world to end because I didn't want to do exams! I know, I know! How selfish of me right, so sue me!

Anywhooo, back to the story. I know it's been a really long time since I uploaded, and it feels like forever to me too, but I came back from holiday, then I was really busy with school work and just couldn't find an appropriate time to finish writing this!

Here ya go guys! :)

CHAPTER ELEVEN

'Friendship isn't one big thing, it's a million little things.'

As always, every high has a low, and mine was just delivered to me through the phone. And by the person I did NOT want to be talking to at the moment.

It had been half an hour since Ryan left, and I was comfortably settled on the couch watching reruns of Friends while eating a crispy Washington apple, when my phone rang.

Without peeling my eyes off the way Joey was ridiculously wearing everything Chandler owned, I answered the phone without bothering to check the caller ID.

'Yello?' I said cheerfully.

'Alex.' My cheery aura died immediately.

'Look, I'm not really in the mood to talk to you right now so if you could ju-'

'Please give me a break. Don't get ahead of yourself. I didn't call to have a "chat", I called because Joey's in the hospital. She wanted me to tell you to come down, since she needs moral support or some shit like that. We're at Mary Cross Hospital.' With that the line went dead.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at the screen. It read

JACK

Call Duration 1:27 minutes

but I wasn't concentrating on that. Only one sentence ran through my head. Joey's in the hospital.

Finally, unfreezing from my rooted position I grabbed my car keys and ran out the door. Hopping in my blue Toyota I backed out my driveway, stepping on the gas.

I was doing well over the speed limit but I wasn't in the mood to care. The day I thought couldn't be spoiled, had hit the sea bottom like the Titanic but much faster. My mind was preoccupied by questions and worries. Why was Joey in the hospital? What's wrong? Why is Jack so pissed off with me all of a sudden?

›››››››››››››››››››››› 

A journey that would have usually taken me 15 minutes, I had done in 7. Charging into the hospital, I stopped at the front desk panting.

'Yes? How may I help you?' a kind chubby lady asked.

'Joelle Henderson please.' I breathed in and out of my nose trying to calm my heart.

'Just one moment.' I impatiently waited as I tapped my car keys on the desk.

'Fourth Floor, Room 368 on your right, Miss.'

'Thank You!' I yelled back, already running towards the elevator.

I constantly pressed the button until the familiar ding of the elevator greeted me. I got in to the empty lift and once again pressed the Level Four button, as if my life depended on it.