Chapter one

Long ago, in a forest back in Germany, was a kingdom called the Halivaara, much like your regular medieval towns back in the day. Having dragons, hangings, and of course, many wars that awaited them, but this story is based on one famous war in particular that all started with a girl. You might be asking how did the biggest war start with one girl. Well, for that to be answered, we must start at the very beginning. 

     On a cool summer night in June of a solar eclipse, Queen Orleen and King Vytis were in labor with one of the best gifts they could ever receive. When the moon passes directly between the sun and Earth, its shadows fall upon Earth's surface onto the newborn daughter Romina Cordelia Squire. She doesn't know it now, but she will have a big responsibility she must fulfill as she gets older. 

    Her parents start her off young, trying to prepare her as much as they can with delegate training and fight training every morning. So at the age of fifteen, she knew everything, like how to sit in a chair right, how to ballroom dance, and how to take or throw a punch. In her free time, she would hang out with her best friends, Khloris and Elowyn. They've been best friends since they were able to walk, and it's definitely hard to break them apart from one another. 

            "How was training today Romina?" The two girls both asked. 

             "Ughhh, as boring as ever. It is just the same thing lately because my dad doesn't think I got it. I don't know why I have so much training anyways."

             "I don't know either. Have you talked to them about it?" Elowyn asked, looking her in the eyes, but  Romina looked down at her feet, pulling her ear simultaneously, which she had done since they were kids. It means she hasn't done something yet because she is too scared or nervous to do so. 

             "You're pulling your ear again. Why haven't you said anything?" 

              "Because Elowyn, we are only fifteen. They won't take me seriously or probably not even talk to me about it. They always say wait till you are older." 

              "I don't know. I think it is still worth a shot. You might be surprised." Knowing she was right, she tried to change the subject, "Fine, yeah, I will maybe try anyways. Let's head to lunch."

         Back in the throne room, King Vytis is talking to his wife. "I don't think she will be ready by her eighteenth  birthday, my dear."

              "She has improved a lot in her training, honey. So maybe try not to be so hard on her about it."

              "I can try. I just want what is best for her." 

              "As do I." 

              "I have to start talking to the other kingdoms about this soon for when the time comes. I have a meeting today with the other leaders. She will be the balance and key for it all."

        When she was born on the night of the solar eclipse, it gave the key that she was for global peace and no more wars. Doing this, though, means she had to get married before the next solar eclipse on her eighteenth  birthday before midnight. Many enemies want to stop this from happening, though, because it would not only stop the war but give Romina all of the solar eclipse power, making her the most powerful human to walk the Earth. 

        In the safety of Romina's room, she is dealing with her own war against herself. Lately, she hasn't known the person she is anymore, questioning the type of person she is and what she likes. She has been feeling different feelings towards her friend Khloris lately, but she has always been told differently. It is also a crime to love the same gender so much that you can be sentenced to death by hanging because they think it is the work of the devil. 

       Desperate not to get caught, she is trying to hide how she feels, and it's another reason she is afraid to talk to her parents, thinking they will find out the truth. Her sixteen birthday is in a few days, and she really wants to talk to Khloris about her feelings toward her. How she loves sleeping together and cuddling together close, then waking up looking over and seeing her bright smile in the morning. How these feelings give her butterflies in her stomach and warmth. 

      That night she wrote a plan on how she was going to do it. She was done hiding it and wanted to know what she thought as well. "I could after school ask her to go on a picnic with me at the old willow tree at the edge of the forest. That's when I can tell her how I feel." She spoke to herself as she wrote, soon finishing and going to sleep.