CHAPTER 28

"Thank you but i already booked a cab. I'm sorry. Maybe next time? "

He stared at her. He stared at her eyes, to her soul and upon seeing the sadness behind those dark orbs, he chose to nod his head, giving her space by agreeing even though deep down, he wanted to insist.

Even though deep down, he wanted to go with her.

But again, he could not. Because he is committed. So he just silently watched her walk away until her figure is no longer present in his line of sight. He heaved a sigh, glancing down to his screen to see the missed call from his lover.

To be honest, he is confused. He is utterly confused of the things that is happening. And that includes his feelings.

Jiyeon is his first love, no doubt to that. She was once the center of his life. The one who gave him light, and colours to his life.

That's why he was so devastated when her parents took her away from him. He fell into this deep hole, drowning, and it took him years to finally climbed up to his feet.

So when he saw her, Minjoo, that time feeling so broken into his building, to his office, he did not kick her out and called her unprofessional. Because he knows the feeling.

The feeling of being broken.

The feeling of drowning.

And everytime he sees her, breaking right in front of him, he could not help but to be with her. Because he wanted to help her.

That was his intention, to help her. Nothing more, nothing less. But guess things does not usually go the way we plan it, right?

Because the more he spends his time with her, the more he finds himself more contented than before. And that confuses his feelings. Leaving him in doubts.

Don't get him wrong, those years when Jiyeon was taken away from him, within those years, he did not stop loving her. He was so sure of his feelings towards her.

So he waited for her even though there were no certainty.

But then she came. She turned his loneliness into something......nice. Beautiful. She made him feel things, good things such as happiness, bliss, contentment.

Within those years of Jiyeon's absence, Jungwon never felt happy. He never felt the genuine happiness. Not until he found her. Not until he is with her.

Those time in Jeju, it was one of the most beautiful thing happened to his life. And that makes him confused and put his feelings towards Jiyeon into a questionable place.

He doubts it.

Especially now that she's back, it was no longer the same. The wonderful feelings he had for her before whenever they are with each other's presence, it's no longer present.

These past few days, Jungwon distanced himself and focused on his feelings and Jiyeon. He tried, he really tried to convince himself that everything is still the same.

Because Jiyeon's feelings towards him did not change. It did not lessen. And he is suppose to feel that way too so he tried his best, distanced himself from Minjoo because he can't afford hurting the girl who turned her back against his family, the girl who sacrificed everything so she could be back into his arms.