The Transfer Student

I rush through my apartment with my morning hair that stands out on all sides, a toothbrush in my mouth, and my pants around my knees, all the while trying to avoid falling as much as possible. It's Monday morning and I've overslept! I sat all evening, and most of the night, reading my books so I could prepare some questions for my professor of ancient history, now that I intend to possibly write about Gilgamesh, the King of Uruk.

I spit the toothpaste into the bathroom sink and try to quickly put my hair on - but still decide to put on a hat, as my hairstyle is impossible to save.

"This university you're talking about," Gil says, just lying comfortably on my couch, watching my slightest movement, and enjoying my stressful situation. If there's one thing I don't have time for right now, it's definitely Gil.

"How about that?" I ask, looking at my watch; I have to leave my apartment in five minutes at the latest to get to school on time.

"I was going to go with you," he says, and I freeze completely where I'm standing, and I just stare at him like he's insane.

"What?! No! You can under no circumstances go with me!" 

"You can't even behave in public!", I exclaim frustrated and stomp firmly on the floor, "Not only do I have to hide my Command Seals with this bandage, but now I also have to have an arrogant guy running at my heels?!"

"Tch," Gil says, getting up from the couch as he walks towards me. He's wearing one of the outfits I bought him two days ago, as if he was going to take with me when I got up. I look away from him as he leans menacingly against me with his hands in his pants pockets. His ruby-red eyes immediately drill directly into my soul, intimidating as they are.

"I don't think you quite understand what I'm capable of,," he whispers low to me, and his deep but incredibly beautiful voice immediately gives me the wildest chills.

"I own the earth you tread, I am the only true ruler of this world, and I can end your life in less than a second. So if I were you, I'd try to show just a little more respect, because you're really getting on my nerves."

I swallow a lump and feel my heart pounding violently against the inside of my chest, as if it is about to fight its way out through my ribs. Gil may be my Servant, but he clearly has no intention of behaving like that.

"F-Understood," I stutter low and step to the side to get away from Gil's menacing gaze. I could even feel his breath, even though I did my best to look away from him at all costs; He's pretty scary at times. While I realize I don't show him much respect, he doesn't exactly deserve it. He was, admittedly, a king in his day, but that doesn't mean he gets respect thrown at me.

"Let's go," I say softly with a small sigh, knowing that the school day is just going to be hell with Gil on my heels all day. I sigh deeply as we enter the university grounds, with most of the other students' eyes fixed directly on us. Gil walks slightly behind me, his hands in his pocket, as he looks around with the same, indifferent look that he almost always carries.

"Oh, who is he?" 

"He's really hot, isn't he?" 

"A foreigner, maybe?"

The whispers of the girls around us seem to please Gil as I see him smiling wryly at me. The worst thing about him is probably that he is well aware that he is quite attractive. His golden hair and red eyes make him stand out in the crowd, it makes him mysterious, and yet incredibly interesting. Gil's posture is also incredibly elegant; His back is straight, his nose slightly cloudy, and his crotch is almost as if he were a male model walking down the catwalk.

In other words; Gil is the definition of perfection - or at least his appearance. His personality? Not so much... My gaze is on the ground, and I mostly just want to get inside my classroom as soon as possible before I run into someone who I just know will make the situation worse than it already is — as if it were even possible.