»»----- I -----««

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓭𝓪𝔂

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Twigpaw followed Rainpaw gingerly through the ruins of the forest. Even the thickest of branches and vines couldn't hold back the tireless waves.

Twigpaw sighed, her paws still shaking with fear. Looking up Rainpaw seemed the same, although he tried to act strong and confident.

Amberpaw seemed the worst, she kept on casting anxious looks at the flooded bay.

"We shouldn't go anywhere near the cliffs," Twigpaw said as Rainpaw headed past a fallen tree, aimed for the shores.

"Why?"

Twigpaw gulped. "I think it might collapse, m-mother said that the cliffs were made by the water and stars, but the water never came right to the cliffs before, so maybe this is how they are made, when the sea monster comes..."

Rainpaw shivered. "Maybe, but I want to go back to camp."

Grief and worry shone in his eyes, Twigpaw knew who he wanted to find.

"D-Do we have to go back to camp?" Amberpaw said, talking for the first time that day. She looked sick to the stomach, poor Amberpaw. "I-I mean not right now... later of course."

Twigpaw gave a comforting smile and stepped toward her.

"Don't worry, we won't," she glanced back at Rainpaw. "But we will come back soon, when any cliff-fall dangers are gone."

Amberpaw nodded. "I'm going back to the safe place."

The safe place was the large hill further inland where the three had sheltered when the tsunami hit. They had watched the blanket of waves speed toward them, but it was stopped short by the protective steep slopes.

They had seen it continue onwards, looking for new victims in the city.

She watched Amberpaw pad away, then turned to Rainpaw.

"I know who you want to find," Twigpaw said.

Rainpaw looked at his paws. "I wish I had run with her, but- the waves, and I was already part way up..."

Twigpaw shook her head. "It's not your fault, Nightpaw is tough, she will probably be alive and chilling out there, actually, if it's Nightpaw, she'd be running around trying to stop the wave and save everyone twice over."

Rainpaw smiled weakly. "Hah, yeah."

Twigpaw felt a twinge of jealousy. Would Rainpaw be as worried for Twigpaw as he was for Nightpaw if it was Twigpaw who ran into the wave?

By the look on his face, for some reason the answer was painfully uncertain.

"Let's just go back to the safe place now, I promise you, we will be back tomorrow," Twigpaw said, turning around to spot a little cream coloured cat charging toward them.

"What the-"

"Hello! Hello! I'm so glad I found someone, can you help? My house and everything is gone, it's gone!" the cream coloured cat said quickly, skidding to a halt in front of Twigpaw.

"Uh.. you mean the sea monster?" Twigpaw offered.

The cream coloured cat nodded frantically. "It was certainly a monster that tore apart the whole city."

Rainpaw and Twigpaw shared wide eyed glances. "The whole city?"

The she nodded. "Mhm, I live there, but I guess I don't anymore..." she sighed. "My name is Mira, by the way."

Twigpaw flicked her tail, thoughtful. "You could come live with us Mira, since you don't have a home anymore."

Rainpaw nodded. "Yeah, we have a safe place in case the monster comes back."

Mira's eyes lit up. "You mean it? Hooray!"

Rainpaw nodded. "Come on, we are heading there now."

Mira bounced along beside Twigpaw as they began their walk.

"I've never had real friends before, did you know that? I have been up in the tallest upwalker den for all my life! It has nice views, but I longed for friends, you guys are the best!" Mira chattered.

Twigpaw smiled, the bubbly she-cat lightning up her mood. "Well I'm glad to be one of your first friends Mira."

Rainpaw smiled too, but his eyes still were sad.

"So what are your names?" Mira asked.

"I'm Twigpaw," Twigpaw said, then flicked her tail at Rainpaw. "He's Rainpaw."

Mira scrunched up her snout. "Odd names, Twigpaw and Rainpaw, but cool!"

Twigpaw nodded. "Well, it won't be Twigpaw and Rainpaw forever, one day when we are older we will get our warrior names!" She said proudly, then winced. Would they ever become warriors, now that their clan was gone?

No, she wouldn't give up hope yet, her clan was strong, they would've survived this.

Well at least some would've.

A/N: No way I actually wrote a part? Maybe this is celebration for getting a week off school...