»»----- II -----««

𝒢ℴℴ𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃ℊ𝓈, 𝒷𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃ℊ𝓈

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

TW: Death

Twigpaw, Rainpaw, and Mira bounded along to the sea clan home.

They insisted Amberpaw stay behind, and she gratefully agreed. She wouldn't be able to handle any horrors they might encounter.

Twigpaw thought of maybe making Rainpaw stay behind, too, just in case, but she knew that he would've never agreed to it.

Mira wanted to come. She said she could help and that she wasn't afraid of the sight of blood. She said she didn't know any of the cats, so she would be at least one cat who would be able to comfort them.

Twigpaw also thought it was because she didn't really know Amberpaw and would be nervous staying alone with her.

Twigpaw didn't understand, though, how this was the better option.

They arrived at the familiar entrance that had so many memories.

A fresh one popped up into Twigpaw's mind, but it was a painful one.

This was the place where I stormed off after that silly fight, the moment where I last saw my home and family as they were.

She clenched her eyes shut and turned away.

I was so foolish, I can't believe I got so mad over that...

And it cost me so much more than I would've ever realised.

She opened her eyes with a sigh and hurried to catch up with Rainpaw and Mira.

The earth below them was cold and damp. The feeling of mud and sand beneath her paws was uncomfortable, yet she was used to it.

Rainpaw gasped, and Twigpaw looked up to see the whole clan in ruins.

Water trickled out of the den caves. Some even held a stream, and many of which were tainted faintly with red.

At Mira's paws was Silverstar, the leader that she had grown up with... she had known no other.

He was very much dead, his fur ruffled and muddy, with no cat to clean it.

Further along was a golden brown pelt Twigpaw wished she had never looked at.

"Mother!" She cried, darting forward. She buried her head in Goldenroses' pelt and shut her eyes. "Please don't be dead..."

But it was obvious, just like Silverstar.

— — — — — —

Twigpaw didn't want to keep going, but they needed to know who had died and who they could not find (and was hopefully alive).

Their elders, Hazelwing and Oakfrost, had looked as if they were banged against the walls of the cave by the waves, unable to get out in time.

Many of the warriors died, some trying to get out while some trying to get others out. It just showed how even the strongest warriors couldn't survive against the sea monster.

Twigpaw just hoped that she wasn't the only one in her family still alive.

As she picked her way down to the nursery, she heard her name being called.

"Twigpaw,"

She jumped and spun around, finding her father.

"Oh no, no, no, don't die on me like mother," she said quickly, her eyes wide with hope and fear.

"I'm sorry, I can't breathe... the air... I love you Twigpaw, mother does too. We love all of you, but please... tell Nightpaw... I'm sorry I ignored her... please..." he rasped. He looked as if he had been lying here, dying for days.

Maybe it was for the better that his suffering ended, but Twigpaw hated to believe that.

She took his scruff and brought him up to mother, laying them beside each other to rest.

— — — — — —

"Twigpaw, come see this!" Rainpaw called.

Twigpaw bounded down the path towards the voice of the tom, back to the nursery, which Twigpaw had forgotten to check.

"What is it?" She said, frowning as she saw the still bodies of the two queens. "Why would you want to show me this..."

Rainpaw shook his head. "No, no! They are alive!"

Twigpaw titled her head and headed towards him, trying to see what he was looking at.

Protected by the now cold bodies of their mother and denmate, four mewling kits squirmed at Rainpaw's paws.

"They protected them," Twigpaw said, smiling softly for the first time that day.

"There was five... the she one, Lilackit is gone..." Rainpaw sighed. "May she rest in peace." (R.I.P)

Twigpaw nodded. "But it's good that these three survived. Do you know their names?"

Rainpaw nodded. "Featherkit, Sandkit, Owlkit, Rosekit."

"Well, let's take them back with us," Twigpaw said. "I guess they will never know what happened to their home and mother, except only through stories..."

"Maybe that's a good thing..."

A/N: short parts for now... it's always the start, until you get into it, then it can be really long

I'm planning on working on the story a lot this week because I'm so excited to start writing the last book :>