»»----- VII -----««

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

The city was vast and bare. Water still pooled in the smooth stone pools, and as the rain cleared and night seeped into the horizon, the distant crackle of fire could be heard in the distance.

The grey stone mountains scraped the skies high above, and shards of clear stone sliced their paws.

Twigpaw shivered. How had a cat like Mira lived here?

"I think this place was a lot nicer before," Rainpaw reasoned, as if reading Twigpaw's thoughts.

"Maybe, but this place is awful now," Amberpaw muttered.

Twigpaw sat down heavily, her tail curled around her paws. "I just want to go home," she sighed. "And this defiantly isn't it."

Rainpaw sat down beside her, his fur brushing against hers. She felt self-conscious for a moment, aware of his presence, but at this point she was too tired to care anymore.

No words passed between them, and as Twigpaw quietly watched Snowdrop wander off on a mouse trail and Amberpaw investigate a broken sliced boulder suspiciously, the sun began to slide behind the horizon.

"We should keep on moving," Twigpaw suddenly said. She slowly shifted onto her paws, her muscles weary and stiff.

Rainpaw glanced at her, but said nothing. Amberpaw eyed her with interest.

"Our ancestors -" Redflower "- came from somewhere long ago, to the sea, so maybe that's where we should go now."

"We could try, we have nothing to loose at this point, only way is to keep going forward."

All three of her fellow travellers, along with the kits were now listening closely, waiting for what she had to say next, watching for her next move.

"But our ancestors left whatever was back there," Rainpaw pointed out. "How do we know they weren't leaving something say...dangerous?"

Twigpaw flinched, he was right, but also kind of wrong. "Whatever the reason or cause was, that was so many moons ago, before our parents, before our elders, before our elders elders, whatever it was, it surely can't be a problem to us now, we have to go," she insisted.

Rainpaw nodded, but he also quietly looked over his shoulder.

Nightpaw. If she is still out there, she would probably still be back there, at the oceans and seas. With the monsters.

Her stomach churned, but she didn't feel what she felt before. Sure, she may still like Rainpaw, but the safety of all of them was more important. And right now, it was in the paws of her, Twigpaw.

Suddenly there was the sound of the air being sliced. Queit at first, but quickly getting louder and louder. It cut through the rain and crackle of fire, sending a gust of wind flantenning them against the rough earth.

The chatter of two-legs erupted from the skies as a swooping black beast of cold stone emerged from hiding, and it was coming straight towards them.