»»----- VIII -----««

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Twigpaw froze, bewildered. What was it? Amberpaw gave a yowl of terror and broke into a run, sprinting away from the monster and heading deeper into the city. Rainpaw picked up one of the kits by the scruff and followed soon after.

Twigpaw herded the kits in the direction of Amberpaw and Rainpaw, but they were starting to scatter.

Twigpaw took a step toward them, but paused and turned back to her sister. "Come on Snowdrop, we have to go!"

The monster had now landed, and the cool stone doors were sliding open with a loud swooshing noise. The grey blades on its head slowed to a stop, and light shone through the rain from inside of it.

A tall, gruff looking two-leg stepped out from inside the monster, the light coming from a box of light that hung from one of his paws. He stood just a couple of feet away from Snowdrop.

"You need to get away!" Twigpaw yowled, but it was no use. Snowdrop was frozen solid and seemed to be sinking lower and lower into the ground, like a puddle. Her eyes were as wide as the moon. The two-leg bent over and picked Snowdrop up by the scruff.

A second two leg appeared, and they started to chatter. One pointed a paw at Snowdrop, then inside the monster. They were going to feed Snowdrop to the monster!

Twigpaw gave a hiss of anger and unsheathed her claws, and bounded towards the two leg holding Snowdrop. She clawed his leg but he didn't seem fazed as her paws slide across his shiny grey skin suit. He then lifted one big boot and sent her flying away.

She landed roughly against a stone wall, slightly dazed and sore in the head. Once she finally got her bearings she padded stiffly back toward the monster, but Snowdrop was no where to be seen.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

"Look, it's a full moon," Rainpaw said, flicking his tail back and forth as they padded along the slowly dispersing city.

Featherkit, Sandkit, Owlkit and Rosekit ranged from slow to fast as they danced underneath their paws.

"We would be having a full moon feast right now," Amberpaw sighed. "Seagull, crab, fish, mice...yum.."

"Don't make me think about it!" Rainpaw groaned. "I haven't seen a seagull in days."

Twigpaw glanced up at the moon, but all it made her remember was Snowdrop's fearful gaze as she was taken away to being eaten by the monster. She flinched.

"So is it really true that Snowdrop was eaten alive by the flying beast?" Amberpaw asked for the fifth time.

Twigpaw hissed and glared at her. Rainpaw narrowed his eyes. "Not helping, Amberpaw."

"Sorry, sorry, its just, I've never seen so many two-leg things before," Amberpaw said, her eyes wide with interest. Twigpaw scrunched up her nose, she was fascinated by these two legged creatures.

"Well I hope I never see one again," Twigpaw replied hotly. "And since we are almost through the city, I never will."

"I wonder if we could start a clan, the three of us, plus the kits," Rainpaw piped up, changing the topic.

Twigpaw tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

"Like, we could settle somewhere, or maybe we could find more members first and then choose somewhere to live and we could build dens and have full moon feasts."

Twigpaw thought about it hard. It was a good idea. "Maybe if we found more of our clanmates that survived - if any, we could rebuild our old clan?"

"I mean, we have the kits too, and they deserve something solid."

"Yeah, exactly!" Rainpaw said, nodding his head. "What do you guys think?"

"Yes yes yes!" Amberpaw grinned, her tail high.

"Twigpaw?"

"Can I call dibs on leader?"