»»----- IX -----««

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Twigpaw was crouched outside of a rabbit burrow. The scent was strong, there had to be a rabbit hanging around, and with one rabbit there was more.

Sure enough, two fluffy ears poked out of the den, and slowly, a whole rabbit emerged. Twigpaw continued to wait patiently, it just need to stroll far enough from the den so that she could swipe it before it would reach safety.

One more step... Maybe another one...
Now!

Twigpaw launched herself at the rabbit. It gave a squeak of surprise and veered towards the burrow behind it, but Twigpaw was faster. She landed her teeth around its neck and with a quick bite it lay limp in her jaws.

She gave a little meow of excitement. She had finally done it! The kits would be so excited, they'd finally get a proper meal.

As Twigpaw turned around to head back to their makeshift camp, she heard a hiss and a twig crack.

"That rabbit is mine!"

Twigpaw unsheathed her claws and stepped back with a hiss of shock as a brown and black cat stepped out from the shadows. She felt slightly confused as she recognized the voice.

"I caught it, it's mine, now go catch your own prey," Twigpaw replied, but her voice was shaky. She flinched as the other cat unsheathed her claws.

"Look kit, I really need that rabbit-  Twigpaw?"

Twigpaw blinked, how did this rouge know her name?

"It's me, Iceflower!" Exciment started to grow in the once terrifying cat's voice.

"Iceflower?.. Oh wow! Thank the moons," Twigpaw sighed in relief. "You survived too"

"Yeah I did, Storm flight, me, and these two sisters we meant along the way, we have been heading as far away from the ocean as we can, but do you live now around here? Or just passing by too?"

"You should come to our camp, it's starting to turn out pretty well," Twigpaw said proudly. "Then we can tell you everything."

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Soon after Stormflight, Iceflower and two rouge sisters Cloud and Wren were in the small clearing of their new home.

The kits, now almost at five moons of age, fussed over the new visitors, especially Wren. Although Rosekit was more fond of grouchy Cloud.

"So that's how we ended up here," Rainpaw finished.

"Poor Snowdrop," Stormflight said, her eyes sad. "But she isn't dead, you know."

Twigpaw looked at her sharply. "What do you mean?"

"Well, what happened to Snowdrop, happened to a brother of mine, but they don't feed them to monsters, they take them away and give them to other two legs to keep them as kittypets," Stormflight explained. "Infact, I know where he lived, the farm down the beach. His name is Nettle, hope he's doing okay."

"After a couple moons we found him again but instead of coming back to clan life he decided he wanted to stay as a kitty pet, I'll never understand why."

"Oh I know Nettle!" Rainpaw piped up. "Nightpaw met him and told me about him, he lived, or lived close by, to this cat called Pine."

Stormflight flicked her tail, thoughtful.

"So your saying Snowdrop is alive?" Twigpaw asked, her eyes shining with hope.

"Yes, but I don't think you'll ever see her again, they would take her far far far away from this mess," Stormflight pointed out. "I'm sorry."

Twigpaw sighed and shook her head. "Atleast she is alive."

"What about Nightpaw? Do you know anything about her?" Rainpaw asked.

"Or Wiywickit," Featherkit said.

"He means Lilackit," Amberpaw said, sweeping her tail around the growing kit.

"Yes and no," Iceflower said. "I know that I saw them run, but she was carrying a kit.. And she is only an apprentice.." Iceflower shook her head. "It would've been almost impossible for her to have made it far enough away."

Rainpaw's shoulders slumped. Twigpaw felt herself melt too. Both her sisters gone, as well as her parents.

She thought she'd just have to rebuild the clan, not her family too. Atleast..atleast Rainpaw was in this with her. Together.