✼ •• ┈┈๑⋅⋯ Prologue ⋯⋅๑┈┈ •• ✼

Robinflame frowned at the stars.

"What's up with you?" a sweet voice said.

"The stars seem wrong," Robinflame sighed, meeting eyes with his russet furred lover.

"Why? Don't you like it here?" her eyes shone with worry. 

Robinflame shifted uncomfortably. "I do.. it's just... I feel as if there's something wrong."

Redflower tilted her head, confusion ebbing in. "What? Do you know?"

Robinflame shook his head. "No."

Redflower sighed, grinning. "Come with me, let's go for a walk, it'll clear you head."

Robinflame didn't want to clear his head, he needed all the information to be in his head. But all that information felt loose like a feather, every time he stomped his paw to catch it, it would flutter away out of reach.

"Okay, let's go."

Redflower smiled and led the way from Robinflame's rock he had been sitting on.

The moonlight glowed in his empty seat like it longed for him to return, but Robinflame tore his eyes away from the pale stars and focused on his red sun.

"Where are we going?" 

"Along the cliffs," Redflower replied sweetly. "They offer a nice view of the ocean at night, and the skies are so clear..."

Robinflame nodded and walked beside her.

Once they reached the place Redflower wanted to go, Robinflame felt his eyes stretch into moon-like circles. 

The ocean was like a mirror of the sky, infinite, endless, beautiful.

He closed his eyes and pictured it in his mind, but in his mind, he was on the beach.

The water rippled at his paws, the sand curling away from him as it drew out.

He watched it flow in and out, never failing to stop. Sometimes it was very far into the beach, the water tickling the cliff rocks. Sometimes it was far out, the unknown landscape of mud and shells exposed.

Sometimes cats were there, hunting, swimming, and having fun. Kits playing and apprentices training. Warriors swimming and queens relaxing. The leader watching over it all.

But at some point they all disappeared. Well, some remained, but terror streaked their faces, turned towards the water.

When Robinflame turned to see what was wrong, the sea was gone. Not a single drop remained.

But that wasn't the case for long.

Then soon, it was pounding and pounding and then it was on top of them and they were gone, the ground rumbling beneath their paws as it chuckled with vitory.

Robinflame opened his eyes, gasping for breath.

"Are you alright?" Redflower asked, although she didn't pull her gaze from the water.

"Yes, I just forgot to breath," Robinflame grinned, lieing.

Redflower giggled. "Hah!"

Robinflame shook his head and looked at the ocean once more.

Those cats didn't look like the ones I know.

Was this a prophecy of the future?

He glanced at Redflower.

Whatever is coming, it'll be something no warrior has ever experienced before.