Bed

A/N: Been a while. 

I always knew that making each diamond an actual bedroom that was attached to their throne room, was a good idea. Well, not that I expected myself to be the one actually inhabiting her bed, making Blues bed a tempurpedic was the best unintentional decision. Because as much as I was dying, this felt like heaven. 

Even if I never expected them to actually use the beds, because at this point in time there is really no use for them. It almost made me miss constantly needing to sleep. Almost.

But nevertheless, I readjusted myself into a seated position, my body almost entirely engulfed in the large and soft pillow I was resting against. I pulled my sleeves up and rested my hands on my lap, turning my head over to look at Blue. She was currently sat cross legged on the floor and staring at me from the edge of the bed. Her emotions had died down from how intense they were a few moments ago, so I'd removed the numbing sensation I'd placed over them.

How she was currently was vastly different than how the other diamonds were on the other side of the building. I think I unintentionally winced as I felt feelings of anger, sadness, and guilt spike to such an intense amount. But I was pretty much helpless to their plights because of my own problem. Which was being confined to this bed until everything was figured out on their end.

I knee for a fact that Blue would not let me leave, because the first few times I tried to sit up, she was quick to gently push me back down. It was always followed by a quiet and stern tone of voice. But I eventually was able to relax her to the point that I could sit up like I am right now.

Though it didn't stop her from asking me if I was alright every what, twenty minutes? Which was a given because I currently looked like I would shatter if breathed on the wrong way. But it did get a bit tiresome.

"Are you alright Black? Do yo-"

Just like that.

"I'm fine, Blue." I shrugged off her worry once again. I even tried waving it off, but my sleeve slid even further down my arm and she grimaced as she saw the cracks.

"Really, I am." I tried to persuade her, while nonchalantly sliding both of my hands underneath the covers. "It doesn't even hurt anymore."

That was a bit of lie on my part, It only didn't hurt because I was suppressing the pain. Being on the brink of shattering and still living was like having third degree burns all over my body and living.

"Well, not much.." I sighed. I really couldn't keep the expression held in for much longer and just decided to slump back against the pillow and cross my arms, only to wince and gently dropped them back down at my sides.  This was going to be a big pain in the ass, from now and for the future of things. I never planned on getting myself injured to this extent.. well at least, this early on in the story. 

But I really did mess up by not fully researching the extent of White's abilities, I should've looked up anything and everything so that I knew what to expect later on. 

'Ugh.' Overall, I've done a pretty poor job of what I set out to do. So let me keep this as a reminder of what can happen if I don't keep myself grounded in the now and lollygag off doing whatever it was I was doing earlier.

"Are you sure that there isn't anything I can do for you, Black?" Blue pressed again. I looked over to my left and was a bit surprised to see her sitting at my side, I didn't notice when she shifted positions and tilted my head as she went as far as to lean forwards with her hands to her chest.