Planetary Assault

It's been quite a while since the first contact battle sparked a war between HomeWorld and the Chaos Legion. As one of the diamonds, and the only one that was really experienced with some type of warfare, I knew it was my responsibility to ensure that our people were safe and protected from any potential threats. I gathered the evidence, reports, and footage to show the other diamonds that we were at risk of being attacked, even though the battle was far away from us. It was important for everyone to be aware so that we could prepare accordingly and avoid any surprises. Also that the Diamonds had something lingering in the back of their minds in order to not let them slack off or get lazy. I wanted to build good habits. But then again, there were a lot of things that I still had to work on building in order to be more successful, and that was a bit of a pain to think about.

Anyways.

As a result, I began assigning fleets of ships and soldiers to orbit around different planets, clusters of planets, and barren spaces within our territory. I wanted to ensure that we were always ready in case the Legion decided to make any moves. Although there were only a few scout ships here and there, I wanted to be prepared for any eventuality.

I made sure that Yellow's fleet was reinforced with new ships and soldiers. Additionally, I filled these ships with precious cargo, including vehicles, weapons, and machinery that could aid in the terraforming process that Yellow had already begun. It was important to me that we not only protected ourselves from potential threats but also continued to progress and grow as a civilization. So I would take some tips from the halo universe, and have many different planets that I could use in order to set up bases and ship yards, which would also make it easier in the future to demilitarize and go for what the Diamonds true motives would be.

Now I would be standing with my arms folded behind my back as I spoke with a peridot officer on the holographic transmitter, she would curtly salute before informing me about the happenings on the planet that I sent that specific fleet to use as a military outpost.

"Good work, Peridot," I replied, nodding in approval. "Continue to keep me updated on the progress."

"Of course, My Diamond," she responded before saluting once again and ending the transmission.

I then swiped another holographic tablet into existence and started the process of calling up Zerkil. I had been monitoring his situation with my foresight and was happy to see that the reinforcements had arrived and the salvaging of the destroyed ships had begun. The poofed gems were gathered and stored until they reformed, while the more damaged ships started moving towards the surface of the planet that they were orbiting around.

I wanted to see how they were faring on setting up an outpost on the surface of the planet.

After a few moments, Zerkil's image appeared on the holographic transmitter. He saluted and greeted me with a serious expression. "My Diamond, how may I be of service?"

"I was just checking in on the progress of the outpost you were tasked with setting up on the planet's surface," I replied, studying his image for any signs of fatigue or stress.

"We have successfully established the base camp and are currently constructing the necessary structures for the operation. The damaged ships have been grounded and the gems have been gathered and safely stored," Zerkil reported.

"That's good to hear. And how are the defenses coming along?" I asked.

"We have begun setting up anti-aircraft guns and are working on fortifying the perimeter of the camp," he responded, his tone confident.

"Excellent work, Zerkil. Keep me updated on any further developments," I said before ending the transmission.

I leaned back in my chair, feeling a sense of relief that things were progressing smoothly on that front. But I knew that the war with the Chaos Legion was far from over and there would be more challenges ahead, I really wanted to spy on the Legions side and see what they were doing but I forced myself not to, I wanted this to be a fair war, not with me having a heads up on whenever they were making a move or planning something devastating. It'd be less fun that way.