Chapter 1 ( Part 2 ) / Before

" What is that! " Her mom said in a rude and loud tone
" It's my picture, " Annabeth said in a soft but excited voice, the picture was of a girl with long and messy brown hair, with a line going down through the whole picture, spliting it into two equal sides , the left side was of the girl smiling, and the backround having trees and flowers, but on the right side had the girl crying looking like she was trying to fight off tears, and the backround havinvg destruction and caoss, what Annabeth was trying to represent was that on the left side is what the girl looked like on the outside, and that on the right side is what the girl actually felt, after her mom stared at the drawling for awhile, her mom yelled at her for her to go to her room and to take her ugly picture with her, Annabeth ran to her room and slamed the door shut, threw her drawing on her bed along with all her other ' ugly ' pictures, Annabeth sat in her room for hours until she new everyone was asleep, she climed out of her window into the cold rain and ran to the road, and walked for awhile, she lookec down at her watch, and saw that it was 11:00 Annabeth just remembered that her and Ruby were going to sneek out together and go to the movies, Annabeth just thought to herself, ' I'll just tell her I needed to clear my head, I mean it's not like i would be lieing.'