Chapter 22 / Despair

Ruby POV:

Ok so after I was done with my pizza, I felt much better. With EJ and Slender staring at me, there was an awkward feel in air, so I got up and walked over to the stairs, stumbling a few times. I walk up the stairs making sure I don't fall, I stumble over to my room, and open the door. I fall on my bed and go to sleep fairly quickly.

But I get this weird sense that someone is watching me, I sit up, and my room is pretty dark, so I can't really see. I look over to my alarm clock, and it reads that it is 2:22, so it is still pretty dark out. I hear a noise come from my closet and get out of my bed to check it out. And once I get close to the closet I feel someone behind me grab my shoulders and put a cloth over my mouth, I watch as my surroundings turn into a dark shade of gray, and then darkness overcomes my line of vision.

***

I wake up, and once I try to lift my head I am met with a sharp pain in my head. Once my vision has cleared I look over and see EJ standing in front of me, he walks closer to me and says,

"How the hell did you know what was wrong with me?" I am surprised be what he is saying, I reply be saying,

"Well, all ya got to do is look at what you were eating. That's all," I say this in a stern voice telling him that I am now annoyed,

"Anyway, were the hell am I?" He looks at me and says

"You are in my medical facility, the reason why you ask? Because I want to know how smart you are, so I am going to, well, look at and dissect your brain."
Once I hear this, it feels like my heart has stopped, I try to lift my head up as much as I can, without my head feeling like it's going to split in two, I see that my legs are strapped down, and because of this I am pretty sure that my arms are strapped down as well. There is no escape.

"Another good thing that comes out of this is that I am going to get a little snack, out of this as well. Oh and also, I am really sorry you have to suffer," I look at him with a confused look and say,

"What? Can you just like, umm, numb the pain?" I don't know why I was asking this I was going to die anyway, there was no point in trying to make anything less painful.

"I used the last of my medicine to make you pass out, and I was just going to make you go to sleep rather than numbing anything. Well anyway, let's get started."

He took a small knife and looked at it for a few seconds, then he started cutting, I then realized that I was I my normal cloths but there was a square cut out were he was going to get the kidneys, I feel the tantalizing burn that is felt as he places the knife to my side, I feel the knife sliding across my once pale skin that is now stand with a deep shade of red blood. I feel how he cut a square into my skin, he picked up the flesh and threw it on the floor like it was nothing. I feel as his hands dive into my side and search so desperately for a Fucking kidney. I move, squirm, and scream for help, but it is useless. He pulls out a kidney and shows it to me.

"It's better if you refrigerate them, but, I'm gonna eat it." He bits down on one part of the kidney and blood flys, oh so carelessly in the air. I want to cry, but there is no use. He then looks at me and says,

"Now time for the head," he plunges the knife into my throat, probably so that I'm dead when he's doing his work, my last thought was of Annabeth, 'how is she going to find out' as I think of this, the world around me turns into a dark shade of grey, and then I die in a eternity of despair, and darkness.