十四

Beidou

I stormed back into the tavern, taking my seat.

"Captain Beidou!, you're back!", Kaeya said, looking quite drunk.

We weren't gone long, how many shots did this man take already?

"You sure are glad to see me", I joked around.

When I visited Mondstadt, I was trying out the bars in the city and I bumped into Kaeya, who tried to talk me up. Of course, I saw through his gimmick and called him out on it. I asked if he wanted a beating and he immediately kept his mouth quiet and apologized.

Since then, we've become drinking buddies whenever I visit Mondstadt.

Kaeya leaned into me, putting his hand on my ear, trying to whisper.

"Captain Beidou, are you and Lady Ningguang together?"

I underestimated this man, even if he was in this state, he was still observative.

I pushed him off me, "Tch, of course not."

"Ow", he put a hand over his arm, holding it in pain.

Diluc came to the table with more drinks for us, which I indulged in.

"Sorry, I have to go, everyone, I'm feeling quite tired", Ningguang was now in front of our table, bidding her goodbyes. I didn't even notice she came in.

"Oh, I'll escort you out Ningguang", Diluc stood from his seat and escorted her out the door.

"See, you are together", Kaeya chuckled, taking a big swig from his drink.

I rolled my eyes at him and took the drink from him.

"Hey, that was mine.", Kaeya pouted, he was far from tipsy now.

Diluc entered back into the tavern. "Diluc, this whole evening was perfect but I'm afraid I must go now, your brother is looking quite drunk as well.", I gestured to Kaeya who was trying to look under his own eyepatch.

"Ah yes, it was nice having you here Beidou"

I headed to the exit, ready to make my way home before Diluc stopped me.

"Beidou, you left something behind.", Diluc handed me golden purse.

This is definitely Ningguang's.

"This is Ningguang's, don't worry I'll bring it to her.", I took the purse from Diluc.

Bidding my goodbyes again, I see Kaeya in the corner of my eye, giving me a teasing smirk.

////

lol, i'm back.

oh i also forgot to add, stream OMG by new jeans <33