chapter 1

i was anxiously driving to school resisting the urge of running away and faking my death. starting a new year at school is always the worst. i arrived to school. turned out my best friend katie had been waiting for a long time. we found out we only had one class together which was math.great now i have to spend the whole year alone at class.we were trying to find our lockers when i saw that jock brandon who is the worst guy in the entire school.

brandon and i were best friends in kindergarten and then something happened to him. he suddenly became strange and started being weird. he changed a lot.brandon was the guy everyone liked. i never knew why. he was just a muscular dude who played football well. maybe people liked his green eyes, or his dark messy hair, or the fact that he was a player asshole. he sucked at every subject and made the cheerleaders do homework for him, and the stupid cheerleaders never said no, i mean, why would they? they all tried their best to get his attention all the time.

we tried walking past him without him seeing me but we failed miserably. he came up to me and started saying the usual stupid things he says.turned out that brandon and i had all the classes together, and as a matter of fact our lockers were next to each other. great, someone wanted me dead. he would make my life a living hell. i walked into the class, and sat next to the nerdy dude no one liked. brandon sat next to "sarrah the slut"(that was the nickname katie and i gave her). the first lesson was history. pretty much the only subject i liked was history and art.

as soon as the lesson started sarrah went back to being a teachers pet. everyone knew he was flirting with mr johnson. brandon didnt shut his mouth for half a lesson and teacher decided to make him switch places with that nerd so now he was sitting next to me. at this point i wanted to die. he was throwing paper at me for the whole class. that immature peace of fuck. he was acting like a 12 year old boy who had no idea how to act in public without embarrassing himself.

the next day brandon and sarrah announced they were dating.

"they wont last longer than a week" sarrah told me with the confident grin she knows i hate.

"they are going to break up in a month and brandon will ask someone else out" i said.

"chase brandon is the biggest player in the whole school and sarrah is the biggest slut, they wont last longer than a week.

"whatever we will see about that" i rolled my eyes.

"bet" she gave another smirk.

"fine, loser must ask their crush out" i told her confidently.

"fine" she said.

------------------------

after a week brandon and slutty sarrah broke up. i didn't expect that.

"you must do it chase"said katie with a giant smile on her face.

"i cant do it, i really cant" i told her as we walked towards jaden.

for context i had a big fat crush on jaden for months but i dont have enough balls to ask him out. hes a sweet guy with a nice smile, brown eyes,brown fluffy hair, and we often skate together. he had always been friendly towards me, and i dont want to ruin that.

"come on, you lost a bet you have to ask him out" katie pushed me towards jaden.

" i hate you, i really do. im never giving you a ride to school again." i told her and approached jaden.

jaden was leaning against his locker talking to his friends. he waved at me and gave me the usual smile he always does when he sees me. i stopped for a second, took a deep breath, and walked up to him. my heart was racing very fast and i could barely breath.