chapter 3

BRANDONS POV

i went home feeling like shit that day. "why do i have to be like this? whats wrong with me? wheres the old brandon everyone used to like? the one that used to be friends with chase. i overheard him talking about me with that dude jaden or whatever his name is. he said i changed and stopped being friends with him. only if he knew why i did that.

chase and i have been friends since...i dont know since we were tiny i guess. we would always stay at each others places play together but at the kindergarten age we just stopped playing. we started talking, talking about everything. we used to stay outside watching the moon for the whole night while talking to each other about everything. sometimes we used to fall asleep there. then our parents used to complain about how we would get sick but that never stopped us. we were an unstoppable duo. thats what they called us. even if they didnt let us out we would sneak out and still manage to go outside. sometimes we would go on a late night biking in the streets. that usually ended with someone getting hurt but we didnt care. no injuries could beat us.

idk how many nights we spent outside, probably more than 400. there was something about watching the moon that we liked. it was like drugs but even better. it felt like we loved the moon and the moon loved us. i still have that habit of watching it. i usually watch it from the roof.

basically that childhood memories lasted until elementary school. that was when i realized i felt something. something that changed everything. i liked chase. i really did. but i was a child. i couldn't accept the fact that i had feelings for him. thats when i decided to shut him out.

when i started the elementary school i just ignored him. cause i was an idiot. i was a really shy kid back then. but soon girls started liking me. i didn't know what they liked about me. maybe it was my green eyes. i mean- i didn't have this kind of hair back then. maybe the fact that i played football. but come on everyone could play football in elementary school. so everyone tried being my girlfriend. all of the guys wanted me in the team at dodgeball. one day i thought maybe if i dated one of the girls the feelings i had towards chase would disappear. i tried dating the prettiest girl in our class and it didn't work. then i tried with another girl. that also didn't work. then i started denying the feelings i had. i pretended like they weren't there. i still dated all of those girls in hopes it would work out with any of them but i was wrong. then i tried with a guy. it was a disaster honestly.

then i just got angry at chase for- i dont even know what. i just got mad. i thought maybe if i start being angry at him i will get over. that didn't work as well.

soon enough at school i got called player brandon by my friends. i used to think it was cool being a player. i was a middle schooler at that time. soon enough i forgot about chase and started living my life without him. but i was still a player. i would change girls and boys like socks.

usually when i pick on chase its just me calling him a weirdo or a freak but this time its something different. i dont know what happened to me. i knew that chase is allergic to nuts. i knew it and still i didn't tell chef to make a salad without walnuts. i feel horrible."

i decided to text him

brandon: hi

chase: who is this

brandon: its brandon

chase: what the fuck do you want?

brandon: i wanted to say sorry.

brandon: i took it too far. i didn't know you would throw up.

chase: whatever.

chase: just stay away from me.

i couldn't sleep for the whole night. i was feeling horrible. what if he was sick right now because of me? nah, he wont be sick he will be fine. but what if he isn't? its all gonna be my fault.

for whatever reason i got out of my bed put on my hoodie and left my house from my window. i started the car engine and headed towards chase's house.

i didn't know what i was doing when i arrived there but whatever it was it had to be done. i knew it for sure.

most of the childhood we left and got into the house from window so it wasn't a big deal for me to climb up into chase's room again. i stood at the closed window for a while thinking i should have left but after a long time of standing there i decided to knock on the window.

i knocked. there was no movement to be seen. then i knocked again. as soon as i did i saw a black silhouette jumping out of the bed walking towards me. the silhouette turned on the lights and opened the window so i could climb inside.

"brandon?" he asked " what the fuck are you doing here? i told you to stay away from me!" his voice was getting higher.

"SHHHH" i started shushing him "do you want me to get caught?"

"im so fucking confused right now what do you want?"

"i just wanted to check up on you okay? i didn't mean to hurt you. and im really sorry. are you okay?"

"yeah im fine."

as soon as he said that his stomach growled.

"well your stomach doesn't think so" i told him. " do you have some medicine you can take?"

"no i dont. either way im fine i dont need you." he said.

"look i brought some medicine in case you needed it so im gonna grab it from my car" i told him and climbed down the window "dont close the window"

i got to car and grabbed the medicine i might need, then i climbed back up and handed it to him.

"here take this" i said "this should stop the pain"

"thank you" he said "now get the fuck out of here before i wake everyone up"

"fine. goodbye. let me know if you need anything."

"goodbye."