chapter 4

CHASE POV

i couldn't sleep that night after brandon left.

"what the fuck has gotten into him. he's acting so fucking weird. since when does he care about me. he literally just almost killed me. im so confused."

i had been thinking about that for the whole night. then when the sun finally started to rise i got up and got ready to leave.

when i left the house it was still too early so i decided to go on a " refreshing walk" which just made my hair a mess and i think i inhaled like 17 bugs.

------------------------

katie rushed into the front seat of my car.

"SO????? HOW WAS IT?????" she almost yelled.

"geez chill its 7 in the morning" i said "it was great"

"you look exhausted, are you okay?" she looked really concerned.

"yeah im fine i just couldn't sleep well"

on our way to the school i talked about everything that happened with jaden and i.

"OH MY GOD IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU" she sounded like a mouse when she was excited. "also im gonna kill brandon when i see him"

"thanks" i smiled "about brandon-"

"what about him?" she raised her eyebrows.

"he snuck into my room last night to check up on me and to apologize"

"HE DID WHAT???? I SWEAR TO GOD HES SO UNPREDICTABLE. WHATS HIS PROBLEM?"

"i dont know" i replied.

------------------------

when we arrived to school jaden came up to me.

"heyyyy, how are you?" he smiled at me

"great and you?" i said to him

"im doing amazing"he said "i think we should do that again"

"yeah totally" i smiled" that would be great"

------------------------
basically jaden and i went on more dates together. he was the sweetest and the nicest guy ever. i enjoyed every bit of when i was with him.

on the other hand brandon was awfully quiet. he didn't talk to me at school, didn't text me, and didn't even look at me in the eyes. there was something off about him. i just didn't know what. and honestly didn't even want to know.

one day when i left jaden in his house after our date i was driving home when i noticed some drunk dude walking on the sidewalk. i walked past him without thinking anything but i stopped the car as soon as i realized who the drunk dude was. i jumped out of the car and ran to him. i made him sit in the front seat. his cheeks were bright red and honestly he looked like a tomato, his hair was a mess and he looked like he hadn't slept for years.

"heyyyyyyyy chaseeeee" he said to me as soon he saw who i was.

"hi brandon" i said "what are you doing outside right now?"

" i dont know im drunk *hiccup* what are you doing here?" he looked happier than usual

"im driving home"

i could see the moonlight in his eyes. i haven't seen that since i was a kid.

"will you take me home?" he asked.

"yeah im gonna drive you to your house."

"wait my house? why my house?" he looked confused like i was supposed to drive him somewhere else.

"i thought we were going to your house. i thought we would watch the moon like we did when we were kids" he was acting like a little kid again

"grow up brandon" i rolled my eyes "time has changed"

he hasn't answered to that but it looked like he didn't like it.

"please can we go to your house?" he asked

"fine, whatever"

i drove to my house. im only doing this because he's drunk and i know theres nobody at his home to take care of him. i brought him to my room and put him in the bed.

"heyyyyyy look i can see the moon from here" he giggled "it reminds me of the old times when we used to hang out every day. i miss those times. i really do."

"yeah those times were great" i sighed "but things didn't work out brandon"

"and why is that? its my fault isn't it? i never knew this would happen chase. im sorry. you were my best friend." he started sobbing.

i couldn't believe my eyes. brandon williams was crying. i wasn't a bad person like him so i decided to go and comfort him. i laid down next to him and gave him a hug. i almost threw up but whatever. i never knew this would be something i would regret. we fell asleep and after a few hours a ringing sound on my phone woke me up.

i checked my phone and there was a missed call and a message from jaden.

i was shocked after i saw what jaden had sent me. there was a video of him in a night club making out with someone. there was a text under the video
"oops wrong person"

what happened to him? whats wrong with everyone? i couldn't resist the urge of crying. i started sobbing. my crying sounds woke brandon up.

"what the fuck is going on?" he looked like a corpse "what am i doing here? and why are you crying?"

"its nothing just forget it" i wiped my tears and tried to calm down.

"what do you mean its nothing what happened?"

"jaden cheated on me!! thats what happened!! are you happy now????"

"he what"

"you heard perfectly fine."

"oh that bastard is dead. just wait till i see him at school." he said and just flipped over and fell asleep.

------------------------

next morning when i woke up brandon was gone. i dont know when did he leave he just left.

i just got ready to go to school trying not to think about what happened last night. i picked katie up and told her about everything.

"YOURE LIFE IS A MOVIE I SWEAR"

"katie this is not funny okay?"

"im sorry. what the fuck happened to them though? both of them?"

" if only i knew"

------------------------

the first thing i saw when i arrived to school was a giant bruise on jaden's eyes. his lips were cut. i knew who did that. i didn't actually think he would do it but he did. i had to talk with both of them.

i walked up to jaden.

"what the fuck is wrong with you???

"what is wrong with me??? what is wrong with you??? first you sleep with someone else and then you're wondering whats wrong with me????"

"what-" he was talking about brandon "did you come to my house last night?"

"yea you left your scarf i my car" he said and threw the scarf at me "leave me alone please"

i fucked up. very badly. i didn't know what to do. i didn't want to do anything at all. i went to find brandon.

"what is your problem??? are you having fun trying to ruin my life??" i was furious.

"what do you mean??" he said "he cheated so i beat his ass. thats what cheaters deserve anyways"

"yeah but he wouldn't have cheated if you didnt stay over tonight"

"im sorry"

shit.