.* 4 *.

I am greeted with a white light, a blurry vision and some panicked, muffled voices calling for our names.

"...y / n... Y/n!" I focus my eyes and I see Mom tapping my cheeks and looking relieved that I was okay, I smiled at her, and slowly forced myself up into a seated position.

"Thank goodness, are you okay? Where are the avatars? Are they okay?" I hold onto her arms, and look to Jake in the neighbouring link. I smile at her and look to the others.

"Oh guys, we are fine..." I look to Jake, letting him finish the sentence.

"... You will not believe where we are right now..." He looks smug, knowing that he has gone from the most hated avatar driver by my mother, to her highest priority.

✧・゚: *✧・゚✧*・゚.

When we had finished our meal the next morning, I went to do some reading before we hopped back into the links later on. I began to leave until I felt a tug on my shirt, which greeted me to Jake, his human form almost feeling unnatural to me.

"Y/n, I just remembered something from last night at Home Tree..." I looked at him, confused but listening intently. "Your full name, you mentioned it briefly to the dragon lady, but I heard it." I looked at him, but proceeded to look at my mom for a split second.

"Yes? What did you hear?" I said to him, gesturing him to follow me since he had finished his meal too. He rolled along behind me, and we continued once we left the crowded cafeteria.

"Y/n Augustine... are you related to Grace?" I looked over at him, defeated, and he appeared to feel assured in his suspicions.

"Yeah, but no one is supposed to know, but the only thing I could think of when we were questioned by the Omaticaya, I knew I had to give a full name." He nodded and I continued. "...Also because we didn't want people to suspect I got into the job because of relations." He chuckled slightly.

"So what is Grace to you, an aunt, maybe?" I chuckled as we walked to my 'room' and we continued on the topic.

"Well... she's my Mom, we arrived at Pandora in 2142, I was 10 years old at the time, and was so excited to see the na'vi in person!" I laughed at the reaction to him realising I was her daughter, but continued to talk. "And Iv'e been growing up here, growing with my avatar ever since. I worked hard to get to where I am today..."

"So, Grace is your mother, and you have lived here for like, 10 years?" I looked at him with a simple nod, and he seemed impressed "That is dedication, did you not have anything on Earth?"

"Not really, my only passion was Pandora, it was like telling a little girl she could live as a mermaid forever, of course I took that chance." I smiled, and his face changed at the idea of me not having anything on our home planet. "I have no regrets, I've met so many people that I would have never met." I looked at him, gesturing to all the people that we work with. He smiled and lightly punched me in the shoulder as we were now sitting down.

"I'm glad you got away from our dying planet, you seem much more like you when you're out there in your avatar." He said with a smirk, rubbing at his retro-styled tribal tattoos, at least he didn't have them as an avatar, they aged pretty bad.

"I would say you do as well, you have an enjoyment in life as a na'vi compared to here! kind of like me... Neytiri was right, you have a strong heart." I smile ever so slightly, and he returns the gesture.