Escape Route

As everyone followed SMG4 to the roof, Jesse and the rest of his peers turned their heads back to the horde of monochrome zombies pursuing them. The zombies had followed them up the stairs, but they were determined to get them off their tails. As Jesse turned to Frisk, he asked her to look into her bag to find anything helpful in slowing the zombies down. With that, the young girl rummaged into her bag and didn't stop looking until she pulled out what seemed to be three round-looking bombs. Frisk offered them to Jesse, who took one of them and turned around to chuck them at the zombies. Once the bomb made contact with one of the zombies, it glowed white and exploded, causing the front of the swarm to fall over. However, while those affected by the bomb were lying down, the other zombies were still following the group.

While they fled and fought off the zombies, SMG4's friends helped out Max, the Pillars, and the volunteers. The orange-haired girl, Meggy, offered Max a squirt gun, and together, they shot colored ink on the floor, causing the zombies to slip and fall. Saiko even swung her hammer at the swarm whenever one of them got closer and Mario picked up a nearby Toad and chucked him at the horde.

After a long while of running, the group ran through a door that led them to a room with a long flight of stairs leading them upwards. Before they could climb the stairs, however, Kasane slammed the door shut as Mayday and Zuke barricaded it with a nearby desk. That way, the zombies wouldn't come in. Right now, they were all resting as SMG4 and Jesse were looking up at the stairs.

"I can't believe we lost Bob to those zombies!" Boopkins bawled with his hands covering his eyes.

"I'm sorry we couldn't do something for him," Frisk replied, placing a hand on his shoulder. "But don't worry. Like Jesse said: if there's a way, we'll bring him back."

"I hope you're right."

Meanwhile, GingerBrave could only look at Boopkins with a face of sympathy. After all, he lost all of his friends to the Black Mass and realized how close the amphibious creature was to Bob. The cookie wanted to say something, but all he could do was reach for Boopkins and place a hand on his head. Then, he looked down at the floor and muttered, "I'm sorry."

"So," Jesse said as he looked up at the stairs. "Is this the path we have to take to get to the roof?"

"Usually," SMG4 replied.

"Okay." The brunette nodded before turning to look at the others. "Alright, everyone, let's keep going. Once we reach the roof, we'll take you all to another dimension where you will be safe."

"Wait, you're going to take us someplace else?" Meggy asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"It's for the best," Max replied. "So until we free this dimension and others from the Black Mass' hold, all of you will be staying in my world, Planet Specter."

"No way! We're not coming with you guys!" Saiko yelled.

"But it's the only way to keep you guys away from the Black Mass and its ever-growing army!" Morgana said.

"What about all of our friends here? We can't just leave them behind!"

"Everyone you know in this world is likely infected by the Black Mass," Kasane retorted. "If you value your life, the best thing to do is to do as we say."

Meanwhile, Tari placed a hand on Saiko's shoulder and said, "Saiko, as much as I hate to admit it, they're right. We're not safe here anymore. Let's do it their way for now."

In response, Saiko furrowed her eyebrows at the cyborg girl. Then, she sighed and said, "Okay, fine! We'll come with you, but if anything happens to us and I don't like it, I'll bust all of your kneecaps!"