Fall

Kasane sighed as the last goon she fought fell to the floor on his belly. She successfully defeated all three goons that blocked her path, even though it was difficult due to not having her knives on her. That didn't matter now. All Kasane had to do now was find Uzi, get the codes from the Ringmaster, and free the prisoners.

But before Kasane could do that, she thought it would be best to arm herself. One by one, she searched the unconscious bodies of her fallen adversaries for any weapons. One had a knife and a pistol, another wore a belt with pockets full of ammunition and bombs, and the last one still had his shock rod. Kasane took them all, feeling it would do her some good. As soon as she gathered their weapons, she stood up and dusted herself before refilling the pistol. But when she was done, she heard a clanking sound behind her.

Kasane turned around at the path she came from, her eyes focusing on the door to the prison. She wanted to go back and see what was going on in the prison, but a strange feeling in her gut was holding her back. Within the dark room she fled, another clanking sound was heard, echoing through the corridor. Something else was heard from the prison: a low growl. Tilting her head and furrowing her eyebrows, Kasane kept her eyes on the doorway to the prison, waiting for something to happen.

When nothing happened, Kasane put a hand next to her mouth and called, "Hello?"

That was when another growl was heard, but it was more audible than the last. Then all of a sudden, a big, monstrous hand reached out of the prison and slammed to the floor, piercing it with its sharp fingers. Kasane gasped, her eyes growing wide as her feet walked three steps back. She watched as the owner of the hand emerged from the prison. It was a hulking monster with dark gray skin, sharp teeth, and a singular eye glowing dark purple. When it looked at Kasane, she saw a black, glittery mass all over its head.

"No, it can't be!" Kasane shook her head in denial.

Kasane then heard squelching from the prison. She looked at the floor and saw more black slime moving under the giant beast. Looking back at the monster, she backed up a few more steps before sprinting down the corridor. Behind her, the massive creature roared and began chasing her. As Kasane was being followed, she didn't care about which way she was going. All she cared about was evading the beast, knowing she was no match for it on her own.

Kasane couldn't call for help because she knew there was no one around her who could help. For the time being, the only person she could depend on was herself.

~~~~~

GingerBrave, Pomni, Jay, and Rebecca ran and ran without stopping. Jesse, N, and SMG4 were somewhere in the base, and they needed to get to them fast before the Black Mass could catch them. As they ran, GingerBrave heard a creaking sound above his head. He looked up at the pipes attached to the ceiling and suddenly spotted one of them trembling. He squinted at the thinnest pipe, which was the one moving. As the pipe shook, it suddenly cracked, and the cookie's blue eyes widened with horror as he saw dark, sparkly slime leaking from the pipe.

As he spotted a drop of it fall from the pipe, GingerBrave stopped running and shouted, "Guys, stop!"

Jay, Rebecca, and Pomni stopped running and turned around to look at the cookie.

"What?! What is it?!" Rebecca yelled frantically.

The four heard a splat, and they turned in the direction they were running. On the floor, they saw the glittering mass, which was just a small puddle.

Pointing a shaky hand at the tiny pool, Pomni stammered, "Uh, is that..."

"Yeah..." GingerBrave nodded, not taking his eyes off the small mass.

Jay brought his arms up, shielding the others from the dark slime. "Nobody move."

The path the four were on became silent as they stared at the puddle. GingerBrave looked back up at the leaky pipe, gasping as more slime dripped down from it. As more driblets fell from the ceiling, they landed on the small puddle, making it bigger until it was no longer a tiny pool. The puddle began a growing pile of slime, its height increasing with each drop descending from above. Soon enough, the pipe stopped leaking, and the pile stood still in front of the group.