Dead End

Kasane groaned as she sat up to put a hand on her head. The explosion she caused after throwing the chain at the lasers pushed her to the wall of her cell and rendered her unconscious. As she opened her eyes, her slightly blurry vision cleared quickly. Her cell was now messy, for the old mattress was ripped and seared all over, and pieces of it were scattered around the floor. Kasane also quickly noticed that the Black Mass surrounding her cell was gone, making her raise an eyebrow of confusion.

"Was I hallucinating?" Kasane mumbled to herself. But then, she turned to the exit of her cell and saw that the lasers blocking her way were gone. Her attempt to break free worked. With a sigh, she said, "That doesn't matter. I'm free now."

Kasane pushed herself to her feet and carefully walked out of her cell. As she exited, she saw that most of the lasers of the other cells were flickering. The explosion she caused must have damaged them, but it wasn't enough to destroy them completely. The other prisoners inside were all trembling, presumably at what ensued just now.

"Is everyone okay?" Kasane asked, getting her inmates' attention. She received nods from almost all of them. "Good. Now, I just have to find Uzi, get the codes for all of your cells, and bust you all out. Would you all like that?"

Immediately, someone shouted, "Yes, please!" With that, everyone clamored in agreement.

"Alright. All of you sit tight. I'll make it as quick as possible."

Kasane ran to the exit of the prison as the other prisoners yelled their gratitude at her. Once she made it out, she looked around for any of the Ringmaster's cronies. When she found no one, she sighed with relief and dashed to her left.

"Uzi?" Kasane called as she ran. "Uzi, where are you? It's me, Kasane!"

Kasane suddenly skidded her feet when she saw shadows in front of her and heard approaching footsteps. From what she saw on the silhouettes on the floor, there were about three people who were most likely armed. As Kasane looked up, she frowned, for she was unarmed. She looked at her hands before balling them into fists, knowing that she had no choice but to use her power if she wanted to find Uzi and help the other prisoners escape. As her hands glowed purple, Kasane looked up to see three of the Ringmaster's goons approaching her with guns and shock rods.

"Go back to your cell!" The masked goon in the middle pointed his shock rod at her.

Going into battle stance, Kasane replied, "You'll have to make me!"

"Tch!" The middle goon turned to his two partners and said, "Get her!"

With that, Kasane and the three masked people charged at each other.

~~~~~

GingerBrave and the jester took a sharp right as they ran through the dimly lit hallway. Behind them, the first twin from the warehouse section of the base chased them while armed. Throughout the pursuit, the first twin fired at the two. Every time, the jester would either duck, jump, or move to the side to evade each bullet. GingerBrave would do the same, even though at one point, one of the masked twin's bullets grazed his right upper arm.

Their run eventually led the two to a small room within the base. After quickly approaching it, GingerBrave kicked the door open and turned to the jester. "You go in first!"

"W-wha..." The jester girl's round eyes went wide. She looked around until she spotted the first twin's shadow from the hallway she and the cookie ran from.

"Come on!" GingerBrave got her attention back, getting a nod from her as she ran into the room. 

Once the jester was inside, GingerBrave followed and slammed the door closed. As he shut it, he reached for the handle to lock the door. He turned around to look at the room, finding nothing but five stacks of chairs, a first aid kit on the wall, and a single round table that the jester was hiding under. GingerBrave hummed and walked up to one of the stacks of chairs to push it until it fell over. He smiled and went to the top chair that slipped off the stack, lifting it until it was standing on its legs again. Then, he turned the chair around and pushed it to the door until the top rail was touching the door handle.